Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I came into an issue today. Did a oil and coolant change on my 06. Everything was fine, I bled the radiator and there was no more bubbles or so it appeared. I road the quad around a bit and I saw that the overflow tank was rising. I referenced the manual and it said its because it's overheating. I then read on forums it's backed up air pressure in the radiator... Is my radiator faulty? Or does it sound as such? When I bled it and let it idle I saw that it actually TOOK from the overflow tank but when I got back from the 5 minute ride it rose, as I said. Sorry if this post is a bit jumbled trying to explain fully. Any help would be much appreciated ??!

·
Administrator
12,447 Posts
it rose how much? Did the light come on? Was the fan running more then normal?

·
Super Moderator
4,451 Posts
If you filled it cold and bled air out, then it will expand and throw the excess in the bottle. It’ll find the level it wants to stay at and if you put more in, it’ll just spit it back out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i ran mine with rad cap off to get all air out, but was still getting tank to fill up, ending up being my headgasket, i replaced it and installed studs and now its perfect

·
Registered
3 Posts
it rose how much? Did the light come on? Was the fan running more then normal?
I had an overheat issue last weekend with my 08. Radiator was caked and it over heated, light came on and the over flow filled up. Cleaned it and it seems to be ok but i haven't rode it hard again yet and the overflow fluctuates between min when uts cold to almost full when it gets hot. Wondering if its normal to spit a litlle fluid into the overflow when it warms up, i dont want to take it back out and have it overheat again, thanks in advance!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts