Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 2006 DVX 400, jet kit, 13t front renthal sprocket, uni filter with no lid, hi rev box, ODI Rouge grips, MSR bars, Dr. D reverse relocator switch, full DG exhaust, 2 sets of rear tires on rims. I have a guy who lives in my town who has a 2001 Raptor 660r, says its all stock, but with the Hinson racing clutch in it, just had it rebuilt at the beginning of the summer. I've yet to see it in person, however the pics look super clean. He wants to sell it, but since he hasn't be able to he's willing to trade for something smaller so his kid brother can ride(I guess the 660 is to much).

I guess I am looking for your thoughts on the trade even up. My bike has a clear title, he has no title. Not that that matters, but thought I'd share to give all details. My friend and mechanic is pretty anti-Raptor, says they sit to high, and have bad history for sh!ty clutches. Even though the clutch has been replaced, he's still pretty against this deal. I was always a Yamaha guy growing up, so I am partial to them. However I like my DVX. What are your guy's thoughts on Raptors, DVX's, or the trade in general? Trying to get as much info as possible. Thanks.

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,047 Posts
I want to say is why go to a craptor.. Stay with a solid machine like the ltz/dvx/kfx. I never had anything good come from a yahmy besides broken parts and then I sold them.. And if you do the trade.. I would hope you would get some cash with it because you have an 06 and his is an 01.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
id keep the dvx. if he thinks the raptor is too much for his son, then he doesnt want the dvx either. your dvx should outrun the raptor in stock form. 06 is a good year (what i have but in the Z). id say your pretty set up on your dvx right now. plus, my buddy has an 01 raptor 660 and just blew his whole motor up. good luck if you decide to trade up.

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
id keep the dvx. if he thinks the raptor is too much for his son, then he doesnt want the dvx either. your dvx should outrun the raptor in stock form. 06 is a good year (what i have but in the Z). id say your pretty set up on your dvx right now. plus, my buddy has an 01 raptor 660 and just blew his whole motor up. good luck if you decide to trade up.
Or down lol.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel like posting on the yamaha forums they bash the z's, on here we bash the raptors. I just want to make a good choice. I do feel based on what I've read we have the upper hand on trail and track riding, which I mainly do trail riding so that's a big deal for me.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
im not trying to bash, im telling you what i know and what ive seen. ive raced raptors....beat them. i dont have much done to my quad either. they are about equal in stock forms as far as power. with handling, id go with the Z any day.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what I've read so far, speed, and that's all top end speed. Bigger engine, more power.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Stick with the z for handling. Unless you're hitting the dunes, the z will walk all over raptors in the trails.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts