Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of Razr 2s on Douglas Red Labels (.190) for about $525 from a local shop On Friday. It ended costing me about $20 more locally, I guess that is the price you pay for impatience.

They are sweet tires and make the KFX look bad ass! I went with 23x7x10 in the front and 22x11x9 in the rear. They really hook up and do not have the rear wheel spin like the stockers. It also requires a lot less movement in the handlebars to get the quad to change directions. I was able to take some corners at higher speeds without excess sliding, but they still slided when you want them too. The 6-ply is nice here in the desert, cause the terrain and rock are knarly. I also like the additional clearance, in fact it was noticeable as I hit few rocks on my rear skid on the same trails I have ridden before. I think the studs are higher than the Holeshot XCT's in a side by side comparison.

A couple of small disadvantages. The 6-ply tires ride a little rougher at high speeds (I am going to adjust the air pressure and supspension to compensate); the fronts bite good and it is harder overall to move the handlebars to the far left and right when at slower speeds; the studs will tend to pick up more small rocks since they are closer together (hopefully I won't catch on in the chin or knee); and you probably need to regear to a 13T front sprocket, cause you lose some low end accelaration (much harder to wheelie, especially in 3rd), since the rears are larger tires.

I definatley recommend them and will let you know how they hold up over the long run.

Out!

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
6 ply are rough, plain and simple... you can lower the air pressure, but if you are going to ride anything like how I ride, you are going to go thru tires left and right.... I been told to run more air into those tires, not less....

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
hey breeze, may i test ride your quad?? Remember I am in the admith of making the same decision..... I would like to see how those razr2's feel.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Test ride

Zhvonte, you are welcome to ride it. I won't be out again until next weekend. I am going javelina hunting near Bumble Bee. I will take my quad out then and you are welcome to stop by camp. We can set up a time to meet next Saturday. Let me know if you want to make the drive, it is about 45 miles. We could take a mid-day run to Crown King. Maybe around 11 am we could grab some lunch and get back for the afternoon hunt.

Do me a favor, weigh one of the stock rims and tires (front and rear) for comparison with the Razr 2s/Douglas Red Labels. They are definately heavier at 24lbs for the rear and 19 for the front. I just weighed them on the bathroom scale, so it may not be exact but close enough.

Out!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
If you were to rate the "hardness" of the rubber compared to the following, where would they fit?

Stockers (soft)
Holeshot XTCs (kinda soft)
Razrs (hard)

Would they be the same as the razrs, or softer, or even harder?

Razrs seem to work well to hold studs in the winter for ice racing here. I'm lookin at getting a set and wondered about the compound.. and if the 2's would be just as good.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
Breeze, I will give you a call later this week..... It depends on what's going on with work in regards to next weekend...

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hardness

I would rate them between a moderate to hard rubber. I only have one ride around 25 miles on them and the edges barely showed any wear. In a side-by side comparison at a local shop the hardness between the Razr 2s and XCT's was very similar and hard to tell the difference when poking on them. I would say the Razr 2s were slightly harder.

I liked the Razr 2s better, cause of the look and taller lugs. The lugs on the rear were also closer together and I like this for the rocky trails here in Arizona, cause it provides better protection.

I have no experience with the Holeshot XCTs, but would guess they are equally good in performance. Either way they are way ahead of stock tires and definitely improve handling, especially if you have HP mods. I will go to that next. I wanted to go for protection and handling, then HP.

Out!

·
Registered
75 Posts
i just had to have one of my razor 2 fronts warrentied. i kept blowing it off the bead. i took it apart and saw the bead had some major incositency. some parts of the bead had a large lip other had small lip. i e-mailed maxxis and they said no problem take them to my dealer and they will send me a new ones out. i love these tires. plus i think it was really great to stand behind there product like that.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
hey breeze, stock rear tire and rim is between 18-19 pounds..... according to the scale that is older than I am....

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Posting Pictures

I have a number of pictures that I would like to get posted, including the Razr 2s. However, all the free hosting sites have limitations on file size and my pictures all seem to be larger than 1 meg. I am working on getting my own web site set up to display pictures and videos I have shot, but that could be a while. I have 6 month old twin boys and my free time is minimal with work and everything else.

Perhaps I could email them to you directyly if you give me your email address. Mine is [email protected], just send me an email.

Hey boss, if I sent you some pictures is there anyway you can post them in the members gallery? I hate to create more work for you.

Out!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Posting Pictures

I have a number of pictures that I would like to get posted, including the Razr 2s. However, all the free hosting sites have limitations on file size and my pictures all seem to be larger than 1 meg. I am working on getting my own web site set up to display pictures and videos I have shot, but that could be a while. I have 6 month old twin boys and my free time is minimal with work and everything else.

Perhaps I could email them to you directyly if you give me your email address. Mine is [email protected], just send me an email.

Hey boss, if I sent you some pictures is there anyway you can post them in the members gallery? I hate to create more work for you.

Out!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts