Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yo guys wghich is better, which last longer???

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I would say razors, it depends what u are using them for. One of my friends has holeshots on his quadzilla 500 and hates him cause they grip to much. I think razors are a better over all tire. If you were cross country racing razors would be better. Holeshots might be better on the track though. Im going to put razors on my z in a few months.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I personally like the Holeshot XCR/XC combo better than Razrs. I had Razrs on my 400EX, they were a good tire, but the rears didn't hook up nearly as good as the XCRs do. Holeshots seem to clean themselves out better, too.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Probably last about the same, if you are comparing 6-ply to 6-ply, depends on who you ask.[/b]
When you're referring to the ply of the tires...that's only for the sidewall of the tire and the inside on the tread portion. The ply amount is for different riding types...it's to keep the tire from getting punctured. It has nothing to do with the tread or how long it will last.

Sorry, can't answer which will run longer...I still got stockers on.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well if u were buying new tires which of the two would u consider??

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
well if u were buying new tires which of the two would u consider??[/b]
I don't have either, but when the time comes....being that those 2 tires would be my choices...I'd buy whichever I can get a better deal on. If you think about it, either one will be waaay better than stock.

I say buy the best deal. Unless you like the looks of one better or something.

·
Registered
780 Posts
well if u were buying new tires which of the two would u consider??[/b]
We'll, I would probably buy the Holeshot XCR/XC combo again. the extra side-bite on the XCRs has an advantage over the Razr-1s.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
k what tire would u recomend for the best all around use plus i want style and to be able to slide around sharp turns

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Razrs will last longer. They're a harder rubber compound. Which is good for us MN guys who stud tires for ice riding!

I've studded my holeshots XCTs and lost a lot of studs. A guy with Razrs lost virtually none... you can feel the difference in the hardness of each. Holeshots are a little harder than stock.. Just a little. Razrs are much harder.

Both good tires. can't go wrong with either, so just buy some! :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just got my Razr's on and I have had Holeshots before on my old Mojave. I dont know if this is a fair comparison since my Razr's are 20x11x9's and my Holeshots were the XCT's. But I can tell that the Holshots hooked up more than my Razr's, but I find that my Razr's make it a lot easier for me to set up for a corner, and they make my 300EX handle a lot better, where the stockers would start to tip, the Razr's keep on sliding. As far as which one lasts longer, I dont know yet. My personal preference is the Razr's.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats exacttly what i need to no thanx man!!!

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
my question is this, why is it the racr cost much more than the holeshot xct's???? if they are both 6 ply and if they are both getting 50/50 feedback on what is liked better, both are getting 50% feedback on which one corners better, ect. Even on a lot of the other boards I have looked at, its a 50-50 split....

My argument is higher price doesnt mean its always better.... what does the razr2 tire provide that the holeshot doesn't?? Myself, living in arizona, there is a lot of loose dirt and rocks, and sandy washes.... I think because its loose, and at high speed turns, I dont know if either tire is going to bite any better.... I go so fast I am just going to be floating over everything. Either tire is better than stock, but for money. I am asking myself why wouldnt holeshot xcr/xct be a better buy for the money, I cant think of any. Seems like holeshot it is....

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
There really isn't that much of a price difference between the razr and holeshot tires...the razr2 on the other hand is new...and any time there is a new product, it justifies costs being more just because it's new. As far as performance goes...I'm in the same boat as you zhvonte...we ride the same conditions...dry with loose dirt and rocks...unless the track is wet....which only happens on race day. I say buy what ever is cheapest...hell you could get turf tamers and they'd be better than stock. The tread may not last long if you ride in the type of terrain that zhvonte and myself ride in, but if you ride in a fairly moist enviornment...then I'm sure they'd be fine. I know from experience that on a moist surface...they have a lot of bite.

·
Registered
81 Posts
from my experiences, go with razr 2 fronts and standard razr rears....razr's in general seem to last longer than holeshots, and the new razr 2 fronts really hook up compared to the old ones

1 - 20 of 46 Posts