Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2003 Z400 I recently purchased I've noticed the rear brake does not work. From the looks of it, it hasn't in awhile with the rotor flashed rusted. The footbrake pumps very easily and the caliper has a slight feeling when i do that. The pads have lots of life yet on them and the fluid reservoir is full. I wonder if the caliper or Master cylinder is shot. Or does it need to be bled. Any thoughts ?
thanks

Jason

·
Registered
143 Posts
i would definately try bleeding it before you go and start replacing stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Do a good bleed on it, see if that stiffens it up. You can tell if it needs to be bled if you pump it a bunch of times and it gets stiffer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys got nothing from bleeding. The Pads react to me pumping the brake, but nothing remotely close enough to even stop me from moving it by hand in the garage. There is fluid being pushed out when i crack the bleeder screw. That tells me the line isn't blocked and the Master cylinder is doing its job. So I'm assuming the caliper is sticking. The Rotor hasn't any work in awhile by the looks of it LOL. Thanks again for the help guys. Sorry its so long in between posts due to other circumstances (House,Baby,Work,etc...) The Z doesn't receive the attention often!

Jason

·
Registered
380 Posts
I had a rear calliper on a raptor that was like that, rebuilt it with a piston seal kit (all o-rings and seals) and it worked perfect after that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts