Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure my back brake rotor is warped, but I'm not sure. When I put my Z up on a jack and slowly spin the tires by hand, it squeeks. It's not rubbing the skid plate. Is it warped, or do I just need to adjust something.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
a lot of people's squeek, mine did when it was new, I left it alone for a few rides and it quit

·
Registered
120 Posts
Could be slightly warped, Zrider (not noticeable to the eyes). This has been a problem with a lot of Z's and the problem has easily been resolved by 1) swapping the rotor from a 400ex or 2) just spend about $80 and get a new one with better design from RAD Mfg. (www.radmfg.com). Mine has done this off and on since I got it, in fact after a ride where I used the brakes a lot and the problem may be that the Suzuki factory rotor does not dissipate the heat very well, hence becoming slightly warped. I'm going to get my rotor from RAD Mfg. after I do my performance upgrades. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Bright Yellow, how did your HP increase after the Yosh slip-on (Comp or Pro), the K&N, and the Alba jet kit? I'm looking at doing the same set up but am also looking at Pro Circuit, HMF, or Alba slip-ons. I'll also take the snorkel off and the air box lid (depending on the riding conditions).

·
Registered
106 Posts
I also recommend getting the Rad Mfg. rear rotor. The stocker holds too much heat because it's solid. The Rad will stop better too.

Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts