Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 kfx 400. I just ordered some trx 450er Honda front shocks and a 400ex rear spring. My question is for aftermarket linkage what do you guys think hygear , gt thunder etc? Also would I need all 3 peices for the upgrade or just the one angled piece? Thanks for your time

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
2,994 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I was just looking to make the stock suspension a lil better. I mostly do aggressive and fast trail riding a few jumps here and there. Recently went to Durham town park and got to ride some different tracks place is a blast btw. I not sure what I need was thinking I'd need this piece that's why I came to ask you guys. Thanks for the help

Attachments

·
2,994 Posts
Well I was just looking to make the stock suspension a lil better. I mostly do aggressive and fast trail riding a few jumps here and there. Recently went to Durham town park and got to ride some different tracks place is a blast btw. I not sure what I need was thinking I'd need this piece that's why I came to ask you guys. Thanks for the help
Since you are not allowed to get private messages.

Ummmyea said:
So the bent looking bar isn't needed? Just the u shackle? If so what do the other pieces do to help the suspension? Thanks for your help
The linkage that the shock bolts to is only needed if you are running a long travel setup. The U shackle is longer to help with lengthening the travel of the stock shock while also lowering the rear of the quad. Having the stock show act longer is all about the geometry and the way the linkages pivot, also gives the quad a better plush ride.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I've been looking for linkage online some of its getting harder to find seems like. Seems gt thunder sold out as well even though you can still find it. So what is y'all's opinion in the cheaper stuff as of now I'm not going with the long travel suspension. So I see cheaper ones wanted to get some input from you guys.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,349 Posts
Laz, Gt Thunder, was killed in a plane crash. They sold most of the company out, but you should bea able to track down who bought it,. I forget now.. His stuff worked.. I wouldn;t trust some of that Ebay stuff, I would stick with a reputable company, till I saw something proven. Maybe someone has had luck, hope they chime in.. I remember the ebay front lowering kits were garbage though..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well dam sorry to hear he died. I did see that two different companies it got sold to per say. shocks went one place and every thing else to another from what I could tell. I saw only one that said gt thunder that was black instead off raw metal look is that common or a knock off listed as a gt product?

·
2,994 Posts
So I've been looking for linkage online some of its getting harder to find seems like. Seems gt thunder sold out as well even though you can still find it. So what is y'all's opinion in the cheaper stuff as of now I'm not going with the long travel suspension. So I see cheaper ones wanted to get some input from you guys.
I would trust a 5 dollar hooker before I would run one of those links.

Look around for a good quality link GT Thunder (due to the death of Laz, he was on his way to a GNCC race when his plane crash) no longer is a business but some times the stuff floats around.

Here is the company that sells Gt Thunder Links

https://www.hess-motorsports.com/collections/suzuki-ltz400/products/xc-mx-link-sku-03-001

·
Registered
624 Posts
durablue makes them and you will find them on ebay
doesnt lower much, about 1.5in but are good quality.

those 3.5in links with 3 holes are garbage, they have no integrity whatsoever...they bend easily...

·
2,994 Posts
Oh yeah....The site was oem cycles on ebay
Spend the money on a good part, down there takes a beating and getting some crappy China junk will most likely pull the shock up your A$$ which will cost a lot more than the 135 to buy the real GT Thunder link from Hess.

Its like the saying a 5 dollar helmet for a 5 dollar brain.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes sir that why I posted the last link to see if y'all thought it was a gr8 thunder since the pic didn't look like the other gr8 thunder links I have seen pics of

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok well I got my gt rear linkage in guess they sent me the wrong part. Doesn't quite fit the width is fine between the swing arm. except were the bushing has that extra width Its sticks out a lil over 3/16 on each side right at the bushing. So basically doesn't fit

Attachments

·
2,994 Posts
Ok well I got my gt rear linkage in guess they sent me the wrong part. Doesn't quite fit the width is fine between the swing arm. except were the bushing has that extra width Its sticks out a lil over 3/16 on each side right at the bushing. So basically doesn't fit
That doesnt look like the right link.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts