Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone adjusted the rear shock on the Z. My service manual says you need a special tool and you should let your dealer do it. I have adjusted the fronts do I even need to adjust the back?

·
Registered
196 Posts
you can do it with a punch and a hammer loosen the top collar and tighten the bottom collar to desired pre-load and then tighten the top ring.(pre-loadonly) The compression & rebound you can do with a screwdriver. Clockwise to stiffen Counter to soften. I weigh 180 lbs and I stiffened up my compression 2 full turns (CW) from the stock setting and I backed out the rebound 4 clicks from stock (Counter CW). The key is to have the front & rr work as a single unit. To check it yourself you can distribute your weight evenly between the bars and the pegs and bounce on it really hard to simulate "decent air" and watch to see if they work together. If you prefer you could have a friend do it so you can get the best view... :wink: ...Hope this helped ya...

Just remember to take notes so you can put it back to stock in case you don't like what you have done. Feel free to experiment to find what works for you. Adjust and take her for a spin.(TAKE NOTES)
-Andy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts