Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've been putting it off, since I'm not riding very often lately, because of winter(cold) so I haven't got one, but my rear skid plate is broken on one of the corners, so I need a new one....

Rear Suzuki Factory Skid plate (the aluminum ones, of couse) is $89.99, I checked at the dealer today, and the shock-linkage skid is $29.99. that's $120 total. How much do some over ther other skidplate w/shock-lickage skid cost? and what makes them any better?

·
Registered
773 Posts
i like the look and desigh of the proarmor skid plate better. its all one piece and it is around that same price.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a PRM one piece swing arm skid plate. I am very happy with their service and product. I saw the Pro Armor plate and didn't like the loss of GC, allthough I hear they have a new design. I couldn't find any info on when or if it was out and what it looked like. I got mine shipped to my door for less than $100, not bad at all.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
wait until jan 15th when pro armor comes out with their new one. WP has the prototype and I was quite impress when I was looking at it..... I will be buying one of them when it comes time.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that sounds good, cause I don't have to have it right now, but I told my mom about it, and she might end up getting me the suzuki one from the dealership for X-mas, maybe I should tell her to wait

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
My girlfriend's PRM skid is holding up better than my pro armor skid by far, even if only for the extra ground clearance it has. When I replace it, which I'll have to someday, I'm getting a PRM, straight up.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
know a site where the PRM one is priced, where I can buy it from?

·
Registered
230 Posts
wait until jan 15th when pro armor comes out with their new one.    [/b]
Why wait when PRM makes a darn good one for less????????

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, thanx for the replys guys, I think I'll wait until X-mas and see if I get the Suzuki one, if not I'll go for the PRM

·
Registered
19 Posts
Skid Plate...

I am very impressed with the Pro-Tect rear skid... a little more $$$ than most, but it is made from stainless steel. I bought all Pro-Tect skids, and haven't had to replace one yet. My friends that I ride with have bought a cheaper plate and have needed to replace them already.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey Scouch, you're running a 180 main? WOW!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Scouch what part of Indiana are you in? I know its off subject but I am bored.

·
Registered
19 Posts
main jet...location

I'm East of Indianapolis... I was running the stock pipe (no spark arrestor) with the K&N filter kit with a 165 main. I just recently installed the Trinity pipe and I was instructed by Trinity Racing to go up to the 180 main... THAT IS HUGE!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts