Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the project started 1 week ago the tear down process is going slow first time that i have ever tore down a 400z and also comparing parts to the 250r as i go and making notes of what needs to be upgraded, i have access to some cad programs to design frame gussets and new brackets , flip up rear seat for z will be posting everything in this thread so here goes. heres what it looks like when tear a z down

also most got this thing tore down will finish tonite

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
interesting finds

there pics of the air box mod and the tie rod upgrade. 88 250r hubs fit right on the z the rotors are a little bigger thats it, front rotor bolt patten is slightly different though,

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
how do they make the seat flip up like that on the race machines? wat are the advantages?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
interesting finds

there pics of the air box mod . 88 250r hubs fit right on the z the rotors are a little bigger thats it, front rotor bolt patten is slightly different though, the rim bolt patern is the same front and back is same as a 250r or 400ex more pics will follow

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how do they make the seat flip up like that on the race machines? wat are the advantages?[/b]
with a different sub frame the one on the z looks like it will be able to do this allows easy access to alot of parts on the quad also makes easiers to clean

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tear down

exactly not many people have watch i am planning on show you z onwers is everything that you will need to know about a z during the rebuild stay tuned for more also if anyones interested in a online parts catalog for oem parts let me know

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tie rods

they are any year trx 250r in order to make with work you have to 4 new tie rod ends and a set of tie-rods

·
Registered
23 Posts
i noticed oyu r air box mods...where do you live? is this the same set up stephanit parton of troy racing is using? w/ a 400ex or 250r k&N a 400ex tubeand a R outer wears?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
air mod

this is not a 400ex ari boot it is a 250r filter and uni outer wearer i was using this det-up on my 250r,s for the last 2 years this is what we ran on lonestar no-link chassis when i was tearing down my z i noticed how small and the crappy way the air filter hooked up and tired this it all most looks like its made for the z

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dont know yet fullbore plastics has not got back with me will keep you posted in this thread new picks of rebuild coming today also laot of compare pic comparing parts to the 250r wow alot of things are interchangeable

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm very interested for the gussets so keep us informed

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
tie rods

heres the pics of all things that i found last lite has the tear down process is allmost complete tie rods off of 250r will bolt up you have to use the whole rod with ends, 88 250r hubs will bolt right on the z the rotors are just a little bigger, the steering stem bolt at the bottom ia just is about 3/4 longer on the z, and yes 250r a-arms will bolt right up to the z you will need to make some small spacers see pics. i forgot to check the bll joints will check later, new air box set-up, and the front bumper mounts are very close you could make a alum bumper like ac bumper fit right on the z with little tweaking of the bumper, brakelines off the 250r work on the z more will follow air scoops,flip-up rr fenders,gussets,battey cable quick disconnect,head lite replacment hood,

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
done with the tear down

took alittle longer than i thought it would heres the last of the tear down pics next off to the sandblaster then to the cad machine to make gussets. and start tearing down that motor to make some more h.p. just a few things that i would recomend to do , make sure to use good sockets and wrenches man they use alot of locktite on these suzuki, get some neverseize on that swing-arm bolt a.s.a.p or you will be buying a new bolt, man those 4 stroke motors are heavy .

1 - 20 of 53 Posts