Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that there was a recall for the early Z400s to change the main jet from 130 to 138. Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up.

FYI... a friend of mine replaced his rear sprocket and the equivalents are the sprockets for the LT160.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Hmm, that's me and my our Z's. Guess I'll have to check around the net to see if this is something I'll need to do.
peace

·
Registered
152 Posts
recall?

Not doubting your sources, but who gave you this info? I hope we arent starting to see a trend with jets,axle,brake squeek,and engine noise? I just bought a Z and pickin it up Friday, so this is not really good news to me to hear these things... oh well guess thats what the boards are for. Actually a recall might be a good thing at least suzuki is doin the right thing..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The info came from Magic in Michigan. I am planning on calling my dealer to verify and will re-post. IMHO... recalls are a good thing in that the company is doing their part.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spoke with my dealer on Friday. They looked-up my VIN and stated that there were no recalls. Still though, I think I may increase my jet size and see how she runs...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Word is it's running rich

The word I've heard is that the carb runs rich. I've pulled my plug a few times and it indicates that it's running rich.
My buddie has the same issue.

Kev

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well according to the original post by TONYR, it can't be an issue with the quads running rich, since they are talking about increasing the jet size from 130 to 138.

And it doesn't look like these quads run rich at all, EPA is sure to influence the leanest jetting possible from the factory :)

Hell, you can't even remove the airbox lid and run the Z. It runs like crap because it is jetted so lean.

LOBE
~~~~

·
Registered
133 Posts
The dealer told me what a cold blooded quad the Z was and that I would
have to use the choke when cold.I have yet to use the choke and the plug
sure looks rich to me.

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts