Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending 10 hours reading through this site, I have found several issues with my new to me quad. I will use this thread as check list of the repairs and if you can add any info it would be Greatly appreciated.

The bike starts and runs strong and very fast, I will list the repairs needed and maybe you all can help me put them in order of importance. I do not know the maintenance history, so I am starting blind.

Oil changed and filter ( twice to flush it out was dirty) - Done used ATV oil and lucas
Checked charging system/lights- puts out almost 14 votls lights work hi and low
brakes front and rear (rear were shot) Done new pads
Has a tick in the top end (chain stretch ?)- (ordered chain, gasket, MCCT and clutch plates by Tusk) don't know if its ever been changed.
Checked clutch- is even and firm
Suspension- was firm- adjusted and is softer now
Oil leak- (fixed leaking drain plug in oil tank with a copper crush washer)
Broke tail light- Working on a LED one now
Crack in swing arm- (tig weld or replace?)
Air filter- New Air filter/ lid and jet kit, along with cut 2 coils on vacuum diaphragm
Plastics- factory stickers came off, will buff and re sticker

I do not want to loose the dependability of this machine, just improve on whats already good about it.
I will post pictures as the build progresses.
thanks
MrC.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,447 Posts
Sounds like you have it pretty well handled. The crack in the swinger could probably be tigged and maybe throw some kind of gusset in to reinforce it.
I cant open the thumbnail pic for some reason so hard to tell how bad the crack is.

·
Super Moderator
3,363 Posts
I'm not sure what Lucas is that you mentioned. Concerned it might be an additive that is too slippery for clutch?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys thanks for the input.
Lucas is an additive it says its good for atv wet clutches up to 20% use
The crack looks small, I just found it, I will remove the bottom cover and inspect it also.
here's another pic not reduced.
MrC.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
looks like the same crack I just had welded

1 - 5 of 5 Posts