Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well.....ive checked all the local stores and stuff for handlebar clamp that houses the 3 lights and key switch but none seem to have it and i dont trust ordering it from them bc ive waited 6months for a part b4. but ya i know some people have done it and im thinking of moving them to the frame/plastics somewhere. any advice or hints would b greatly appreciated. :icon_biggrin: :z400rules:

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
use to have 3 holes drilled in the top of the fenders and the key in a hole on the side of the top next to the light..now the lights are zip tied to the frame and made a custom key relocator bolted to the frame

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
QUOTE (Joshz400_03 @ Aug 27 2009, 02:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=757750
use to have 3 holes drilled in the top of the fenders and the key in a hole on the side of the top next to the light..now the lights are zip tied to the frame and made a custom key relocator bolted to the frame[/b]
thats what i was going to do but i ended up getting a good deal on the trailtech setup.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Purpose for relocating?

I looked into doing something with them when I went with 1 1/8" bars but didn't like the look of the bar pad so I made some brackets and used my stock dash.

If you get rid of your stock dash and need a bar pad, I have two to choose from in the for sale section.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (Joshz400_03 @ Aug 27 2009, 11:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=757750
use to have 3 holes drilled in the top of the fenders and the key in a hole on the side of the top next to the light..now the lights are zip tied to the frame and made a custom key relocator bolted to the frame[/b]
do u have a pic by chance???
but ya i added new bars and the dash dosent quite fit. so ya.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I enlarged the diameter of the tabs on the underside and made some brackets out of flat aluminum or sheetmetal for the two clips.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
gtthunder sells a key switch relocator as well. or at least they used to

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
The lights were in like the pic posted above..here is my relocator

Yes the backer plate is pink! haha This is with my OMF's

Before the OMF's

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ah....idk if i want to put it underneath....some of the places i ride can get pretty messy....either with clay or rocks.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
283 Posts
Do a search for "idiot lights", you'll get lots of options.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
on here...? no ive been looking on the web for the bar mount part but eh...not sure i want to spend 100 on them...u know? especially when u can do it into the plastics for almost free

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I have the same set up josh has, and supriingly it dont get muddy under there, i ride the mx track all the time, and it is clean in that spot for some reason, and we all know how bad it can get in there

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
QUOTE (rinehart_mitch @ Aug 27 2009, 10:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=757846
I have the same set up josh has, and supriingly it dont get muddy under there, i ride the mx track all the time, and it is clean in that spot for some reason, and we all know how bad it can get in there[/b]
I strategicly placed it there for this reason

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ya, search on here. You'll find a bunch of pics with different location options.

·
Registered
18 Posts
anyone have trouble with getting their key switch to stay put while turning the key!!!!!! trying to relocate my key any info will help!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
you have to take a notch out from the hole that the key blob goes through. there is a small piece of plastic that protudes from the key blob, that locates into the notch you have cut out from the hole, and this stops the blob from turning.
i did the same thing and wondered why my key just kept on turning !!.

hope this helps

Stew

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have done some searching on a few of the forums and wasn't able to come up with any locations or ideas on where to relocate my indicator lights on my 12 Z to. Anyone have any ideas or links that they have found for the late model Z's? Ive seen all the places that the 03-08 Z's but not much with the late model ones.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts