Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i need to see if any of you z400 owners have removed your snorkel and if you gained any performance? I have removed it but i need to rejet it, for those of you who have removed your snorkel and rejetted wat jet are you using??(ima bout 1000ft elevation) My bike is completely stock, soon to have a pipe and filter but im waitin on some more results on the pipe shoot out. Looking to head to the dunes very soon and also would like to know what jets you all are running their on your z400s.......Thanx al :p

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
You don't really need a pipe. Unless you're squeezing every last HP out of your ATV (or your going to get a big bore kit) the mods in my signature will give you the most bang for your buck ($32 to be exact)

I'm near detroit, but I'm not sure of the elevation.

When I originally removed the noise baffle from my snorkel and got a unifilter, and cut out the pea-shooter on my exhaust, I ran a 145. It was a bit rich until I cut open the airbox, then it was slightly lean.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Corpsie,(or anyone else)
I'm trying to jet my bike with the snorkel cover removed, but not cutting out the pea shooter yet. Did you do yours in steps or all at once? I'm thinking jetting 135-140 range with the needle raised maybe 1 washer. What do you think?
What did you gain with the 13 tooth sprocket? It seems to me Suzi is already geared low enough.

·
Registered
67 Posts
id go with a 137. i didnt do that to mine, but i would say 137.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
When I removed the snorkel cover, it ran rich with the 145, so any below should be fine. I'd start with the 140 (if they even exist)

The 13 tooth is so that you have more low end torque and can idle at a lot slower speed. It comes in handy in those technical parts of the trails or if you're following behind a 4x4 (since they love to troll really slowly with their auto transmissions)

·
Registered
67 Posts
that rich just for a missing snorkel??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, I got anxious. I cut out the baffle plate W/O cutting the pea shooter and my neighbor thought it sounded like an XR100. So, I got the hole saw out and removed the pea shooter. Sounds much better and I can hear my engine when running with piped bikes. I raised the needle 1 washer and ran a 140 main. I think its real close. Feels like the power comes on stronger in the midrange, but didn't increase my top speed. Thanks everyone for your input!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
that rich just for a missing snorkel??[/b]
Yeah, a 145 is "15" higher than the stock jet (130) and all I had done was remove the baffle from the end of the snorkel. There wasn't enough air.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts