Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really wanna remove my lid but i dont know how to rejet and ive dont it b4 and its really loud as that what the rejetting reduces and will their be alot of dirt and dust and debris getting into the carb?? step by step please aite thanx c ya

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
i really wanna remove my lid but i dont know how to rejet and ive dont it b4 and its really loud as that what the rejetting reduces and will their be alot of dirt and dust and debris getting into the carb?? step by step please aite thanx c ya[/b]
use punctuation and proper grammar. I have no clue what you wrote.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i really wanna remove my lid but i dont know how to rejet and ive removed the before and its really loud. is that what the rejetting reduces and, will their be alot more dirt and dust and debris getting into the carb?? step by step please aite thanx c ya

better??? corpsie?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
There shouldnt be any dust and debris getting into the carb. Are you using a air filter :?: When you remove the lid on the z its getting alot more air, so it needs to be rejetted to get more fuel. For instance if you take the lid off the z and give it 3/4 throttle it will die if its not rejetted becuse it is getting to much air and not enough fuel. Whenever you alow the z to get more air you need to get more fuel. Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea thanx man butive heard alot more debris gets into the carb if the lids off?......... and if i rejet will it be quiter??

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Well if you rejet you should be able to run wide open with the lid off so it will be louder. It should be the same idling.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Oh and your defently going to have to clean your filter alot more. Also if your taking the lid off take the snorkle off to.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I wouldn't recommend using the stock filter with the lid off either as it doesn't have a real good seal where it meets the air box and it doesn't breathe worth a crap anyhow. If you're worried about crap getting into your carb, get a uni-filter with an adapter plate to run it and then use an outerwears lid instead of running no lid. If you don't know what an outerwears lid is, go to http://www.google.com and do a search for outerwears lid and there's a link to ex-riders that has pics. Rejetting doesn't make any difference in the sound of your ride, it allows a different amount of fuel to enter motor.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool yea i have a outerwear lid for my blaster. do alot of people run with out a lid and if so dont they think its really loud??? cause it is lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts