Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that some people are removing the parking brake on the Z. They say it makes chain adjustment easier and saves some weight also. Has anyone here done it ,and if so, how did you do it. Do you simply remove it from the rear brake assembly or is there more to it than that?

Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
there is 2 bolts on the right side of the caliper (covering up the top right adjuster bolt) holding on a cable that is pulled when the parking brake is engaged. take those 2 bolts out and take off the parking brake deal and a e-brake block off plate on. Take off the cable and to make it look nice, put on a new perch. pretty easy.

dave

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave,

Thanks for the help. Any idea where I can get a new perch for the Z.

Mark

·
Registered
773 Posts
sweet, im gonna do that too

·
Registered
794 Posts
I bet u can use a parking brake block off for the 400ex. I'm gonna e-mail some compaines and see if u can.

Later

·
Registered
221 Posts
You can get a new perch from any dealer or any big catalog like Chaparral or Rocky Mountain (also Dennis Kirk, but they over price everything). Supposedly it just allows for more brake pad life. I am going to do it. I am pretty sure the Honda one will fit on the Z. If anyone needs pics, i will post some of it on my 300.

dave

·
Registered
221 Posts
BTW, in my first post i said the PB was on the right side of the caliper, it is the left. Sorry.

dave
[/img]

·
Registered
80 Posts
Parking brake block offs are universal.Any should work and look better.Even maybe help with your chain adjustment.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'm not sure if al of them work but the guy at gtthunder is using an LSR.

Later

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm taking my parking brake off tonight I just picked up a Nac's parking brake block off plate. I used the damn parking brake once and it is already sticking, I hate these stupid parking brakes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts