Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on this and fount that you have to, by hand move the throttle shaft to full throttle then pull that brass piece out. So thats what I tried but I can't get that brass piece the whole way out.... I tried prying it out with a screw driver but just couldn't come out the whole way... Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
463 Posts
The last time I did it I think I had to mess with it for like 15 minutes to get it out. I haven't done this, but I would think you could unhook the cable from the thumb throttle and this may make it easier. Mine was easier once I turned my adjuster in all the way.

If I remember correctly, I bent a little piece of wire so it had a hook on the end so I could hold the cable to pull it out easier.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I don't quite remember how I got mine out after my little carb incident where it needed to be replaced.. All I know is, it took some messing with to get it out, wasn't exactly easy..

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it a little while ago, like right after I posted this. I have been putting it back on since. I bought 06ltz400's carb he had for sale. It has syage 2 dynojets and a pull choke plunger, I really hope this fixes my high idling problem !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts