Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a Yoshimura Full Comp and the DynoJet recomended jetting and I can't tell if I am hitting redline and the rev limiter is kicking in or if my Jetting is off, At full throttle it cuts out not like it did when stock but how it sounds when rev to high in reverse. Is this normal with after market pipes, am I reving faster and hitting red line sooner or is it my Jetting?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I have the same exact problem with mine, and I think it's the rev limiter, my dad thinks it's a bog. My dealer will be getting my 160 main and 27.5 and 30 pilot jets today, so I'll have to fool around with it and let you know.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah let me know what you find out, seems like it is hitting the rev limiter fast, and it sounds different when it hits it than it did when it was stock. I still have a jet or two to fool around with till I am absolutely sure I have the best main jet, then I get to do it all over again when I get my EHS Racing air box lid filter kit than I have on order.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm going thru this exact same problem right now. New pipe, Uni foam, no lid. I tried the 160 jet and it was cutting out (hitting the rev limiter?) hard. I raised the jet to a 170 and it seemed a little better but still not revving as high as I think it could.
I ordered a DynoJet kit and it's supposed to be here Monday. I'll use their needle and I'll change the pilot jet. I'll see what they recommend for a main jet.
Anyone know what a new, higher rev limiter might cost? Who makes one?

·
Registered
88 Posts
jetting

see my signature for what I run. It will hit red line very very quick in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. do not be fooled that you are lean. Take it out in each gear very slowly and you will know if it is the red line. also check your plug color.
bob

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm going thru this exact same problem right now.  New pipe, Uni foam, no lid.  I tried the 160 jet and it was cutting out (hitting the rev limiter?) hard.  I raised the jet to a 170 and it seemed a little better but still not revving as high as I think it could.  
I ordered a DynoJet kit and it's supposed to be here Monday.  I'll use their needle and I'll change the pilot jet.  I'll see what they recommend for a main jet.
Anyone know what a new, higher rev limiter might cost?  Who makes one?[/b]
I'm not sure of the price, but yosh makes a kit that comes with cams and a rev box.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I asked CT Racing what to run with the full CT System.

They said remove the airbox lid, run the Dynojet 155 main jet, 3 1/2 turns of the air screw, and run the needle with the clip in the 4th slot (not 3rd like the Dynojet kit instructions say). I guess this would make it run richer? Anyhow... I'll try it out tomorrow and let you guys know what is what.

Any thoughts.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: jetting

Take it out in each gear very slowly and you will know if it is the red line.[/b]
What do you mean by take it out in each gear very slowly?
I did notice than going larger in the main jet that it took a little longer to hit redline plug looks ok but think its still running a little lean still. Dyno jet is recommending a 124 main I'm, at a 132 now and I think I will be trying the 136 today to see if I can get a little better burn on my plug my exhaust is still purple, was red. Yoshimura says its to lean when its that color that is should be Golden in color, also when I called Yoshimura they recommended that I remove the DynoJet needle and main and use stock needle and Mikuni main jet, like that’s going to happen after spending $45 on a DynoJet Kit.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Speaking of plug checks, how on earth are you supposed to get to it with the gas tank on? Please help!!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Use the plug socket that came in tool kit and the wrench that fits it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I reach in on the left side of the Quad and use the stock plug wrench, I use a wrench to loosen it up to where I can just use my fingers to turn it the rest of the way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm going thru this exact same problem right now.  New pipe, Uni foam, no lid.  I tried the 160 jet and it was cutting out (hitting the rev limiter?) hard.  I raised the jet to a 170 and it seemed a little better but still not revving as high as I think it could.  
I ordered a DynoJet kit and it's supposed to be here Monday.  I'll use their needle and I'll change the pilot jet.  I'll see what they recommend for a main jet.
Anyone know what a new, higher rev limiter might cost?  Who makes one?[/b]
YOSH SELLS THEM BUT ITS FOR A DRZ AND YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHAT WIRES TO PLUG IN. BUT YOU HAVE TO BUY CAM & INGNTION KIT. $ 650 .
THEIR MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH JUST DOING REV KIT BECAUSE YOSH WON'T SELL SEPARATE + THEY PULLED IT FROM THE BIG PAPA KIT.    [/b]

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Fourstroken- to answer your question, I believe it's the rev limiter. I can easily hit it in 2nd and 3rd gear, but I can't hit it in 5th. That means that it's the rev limiter, because what seems like a bog in 2nd and 3rd wide open dissapears in 4th and 5th wide open. It's hard to hit the limiter in the higher gears.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts