Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any body know how to get rid of the ref limiter?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I dont think you want to complety get rid of it. Thats what stops your engine from overreving and gernading.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
you can buy new box's that up it a little, but I think honda killer is right, you don't want to completely get rid of it

·
Registered
489 Posts
revs

no you dont want to get rid of it but you can buy a dyna or i have heard of using the drz-e which red lines at 11,000

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
and what is the Z's red line?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Is this engine goin to lose reliability revving at 11,000 RPM's or is this just a race quad mod, cause it would be cool to have a engine go up to 11,000

·
Registered
1,830 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Is this engine goin to lose reliability revving at 11,000 RPM's or is this just a race quad mod, cause it would be cool to have a engine go up to 11,000[/b]
the drz bike is capable of turning these rpms with reliability why wouldnt the quad http://www.fmfracing.com/ check out the dyno charts drz with pipe and then 400-z quad wow what a diff

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
alright this may sound really stupid and ridiculous but what is a rev limiter??
i think i have an idea but im not sure.....

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
The rev limiter is what keeps the engine rpms at 9000 when WOT and not any more rpms

·
Registered
22 Posts
I emailed LRD recently, and unless it was a "misprint" by Butch........they have a CDI box that will extend the rpm's to 10 grand BUT.....

He said it was $$$560$$$

He can keep it for that price.........

EC

·
Registered
550 Posts
why would u want the mototr to rev that high?? u are already way past the z's top power and torque at that rpm and slowing down so why dont u just shift ... the only way i would stay in a gear very far past top power was if there was a jump coming up that i didnt have the time to shift for

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
the higher rpm the motor revs, the faster you go. ie. if the motor running at 9000 rpm w/ 20in tires tops out at 68mph, tack on another 2000rpm and the top speed increases dramatically. .

·
Registered
765 Posts
the higher rpm the motor revs, the faster you go. ie. if the motor running at 9000 rpm w/ 20in tires tops out at 68mph, tack on another 2000rpm and the top speed increases dramatically. .[/b]
Then why do most dyno runs show the Z's peak power topping well below its peak rpms????

For example...... taken from CT's web page. Looks to me like you have no need to go past 8000, or am I wrong about this???????

·
Registered
116 Posts
Because you do need those RPM';s in the real world of racing & aggressive riding.

IF Max power is reached but then it falls off a cliff,,, that is no good in this type of situation. You need those rev's past 8k. That curve is pretty flat near @ 9K picutred above. I would guess we can safely get 1-2K more revs out of it with some tweaks.

Would need Valesprings ..along with that rev box. Humm?
What else...anyone?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Also not mentioned is you want to rev high enough that when you shift you are still in or near peak power. If you have to shift and fall out of the power band your done. Being able to rev. another 2k would insure you would fall back into peak power.

·
Registered
3 Posts
when you do motor work you need the higher rev to get your motors full power band. if you don't up the rev you will stay on top of the rev limeter.

·
Registered
765 Posts
ummm, yeah I realize what u guys are saying now....... beleive me..... I made that post BEFORE I finished breaking it in...... NOW I KNOW...
I have never had a 4 stroke thus never payed much attention to this detail. The CT diagram just looked like I might have a point.... lol
:weights

·
Registered
766 Posts
Ok....after reading this...I think I wanna check the price on a DRZ400 CDI... :dance

Has anybody tried this?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts