Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been having some issues with my quad. I thought maybe it was jetting. I just adj my fuel screw to two and half turns, alba jet kit with adj needle, 25 pilot and 155 main. I also did the disable the reverse rev limiter from here. I followed the directions, had trouble with the wires not coming out completely like there were a few strands still in the pin. But I got all that I could I thought siliconed up the holes made my jumper wire and everything. Today I changed the plug it is will black and nasty. After that I took it out and it seems like I have a rev limiter issue. When I would get on it it would backfire and pop like crazy I thought it was the jetting but when I was just riding it I noticed that it would accelerate and run fine until I get to about 4000 rpms and thats when it is messing up. It doesn't matter what gear I in as long as it stays under 4k no problem. So is there some type of rev limiter sensor or something that could be messed up or did I do something wrong in disabling the reverse limiter.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
didn't I disable that doing the mod. how would the reverse limiter be affecting the forward gears. also when does the reverse limiter kick in then. I guess I will undo the disabled reverse limiter.

·
Premium Member
8,878 Posts
QUOTE (nvrstsfd23 @ Oct 3 2007, 09:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=630825
didn't I disable that doing the mod. how would the reverse limiter be affecting the forward gears. also when does the reverse limiter kick in then. I guess I will undo the disabled reverse limiter.[/b]
if you jacked something up while removing the limiter, you could have messed with the forward gear limiter. I dont know, just a guess. I never found the need to remove the reverse limiter, so I dont know what it involves.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is 4k the rpm that the limiter would come on. also can I buy a new plug and just pull the old wires out and put them in the new plug.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts