Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to do this but my cable seems about a foot to short, how do ya'll do it?

·
Registered
89 Posts
i found going to left side of the bars was easier, this was on a DVX though. i just rerouted the cable up to the bars. The cable isnt routed back on itself anywhere is it?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got a dvx also ill look tommorow after my first day back at school, shame this school stuff gets in the way of my qaud

·
Registered
89 Posts
ya sorry missed the sig.
Also if you still have your ebrake cable, it has a nice little shim/spacer you can use for your reverse cable in your hotstart lever. that reverse cable ball is tiny.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
if you put the reverse on the bars, what are you supposed to do with that big open hole where the reverse knob was?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya sorry missed the sig.
Also if you still have your ebrake cable, it has a nice little shim/spacer you can use for your reverse cable in your hotstart lever. that reverse cable ball is tiny.
:angryfire: threw away my cable last week as it was frozen, may be able to make something tho, i guess we will see

if you put the reverse on the bars, what are you supposed to do with that big open hole where the reverse knob was?
dvx's don't have that issue :)

I have a dvx, and I mounted mine right side. If you want a pic, let me know.
Sure, post it up please!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
i know the dr. d reverse levers come with a little rubber plug/plastic plug to put in there. im sure you could find something that would work at Lowes or a hardware store

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
i know the dr. d reverse levers come with a little rubber plug/plastic plug to put in there. im sure you could find something that would work at Lowes or a hardware store
Yeah.. That's the only thing that is holding me back from doing it on my quad. I don't want that big open hole there lol

·
Registered
425 Posts
You could put your key in the hole where the reverse knob is. I haven't done it yet but i know that others on here have.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
You could put your key in the hole where the reverse knob is. I haven't done it yet but i know that others on here have.
you could, but the only problem with that is.. The reverse knob hole is too big for the key switch to sit in there. You would have to do some kind of custom mounting to get that too work. The other problem for me would be that I put my key up on the top of my KFX nose piece (on the top of the front plastics in front of the handle bars..)

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,047 Posts
They make a plug for that hole.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a dvx, and I mounted mine right side. If you want a pic, let me know.
I did that too at first, but found there was a touch more slack in the cable with it on the left.
I used a sunline hotstart
the 2 problems i ran into were the ball on the end of the cable was really small.
so i made a spacer out of a plastic shield from a alligator clip. I hadnt discovered the ebrake cable yet...
and the other was the block wizz bangs that came with the Sunline lever where the cable runs into were either too big or too small.
i just drilled out the small one until i had a nice fit. the stock cable has a o ring that seals everything up nice.
there's a pic of the wizz bang, this one is not drilled.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Pick up a Dr.D. Works like a champ ;).

·
Registered
425 Posts
+1 on the Dr. D. Works awesome, easy to install and i got mine one on ebay for $35.;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Grab a complete thumb throttle for a KFX 450r. The bottom part of the clamp has the reverse built ino it. Worked great for me. I just had to adjust the cable a bit for it to engage properly, but you will have to do that with any route you take.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
Grab a complete thumb throttle for a KFX 450r. The bottom part of the clamp has the reverse built ino it. Worked great for me. I just had to adjust the cable a bit for it to engage properly, but you will have to do that with any route you take.
I just looked that part up and saw no other lever or cable going to it. Never knew thaty had that. How much would that part cost? Bike Bandit has just the thumber assembly for $126.......:eek:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts