Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out how to bypass that stupid Reverse rev limiter. My friend got instructions online how to do his raptor.

Please tell me if you know!!!!

·
Registered
773 Posts
ya its on here somewhere, just search for rev limiter, youll find it

·
Registered
326 Posts
Why would you want to go faster in reverse anyways?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Obviously you don't ride much in the woods. Sometimes you need higher rpms to become "unstuck." The bypass is not to just "go faster in Reverse."

·
Registered
584 Posts
Also even at low rpms it sounds like it is hitting the reverse rev limiter, as funny as it sounds I have this problem often enough that it is becoming a nuisance.
(mud riding)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Reverse Limiter Bypass

FYI:
To defeat the reverse rev-limiter (as dangerous as it maybe) you have to cut the BLACK/RED wire at the CDI ignition module. Leave this wire disconnected. The reverse light will still function normally, however the ignition will always think you are in a forward gear.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Holy Sh!t Joe is a member here 8O How do you fit on that Z seeing how you are a big guy? Good choice on picking Zora, she is really sweet and hot.
:

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
the real Joe Millionaire? haha, doubtful, IM sure riding would have come up somewhere during the show if he had a Z400, he did just join though today, welcome!

·
Registered
31 Posts
has anyone tried this? i tried it today and it did NOT defeat the reverse rev-limiter., i had to hook it back up becasue i dont knwo what that wire actually DOES do, but im sure it is there for a reason.

·
Registered
179 Posts
:x :x :x no crap i tried it last night, when you shift into reverse it while rev 1 time but when you rev it again the limiter kicks in. who put bad info up :evil: :x :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :x :evil: :twisted: :x

·
Registered
37 Posts
same here, i wish i would of known it dont work, so i spliced the wires back together, dident work at all....

·
Registered
584 Posts
SaboTaged, by a Honda rider!!!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Re: Bypassing the Reverse Rev Limiter

I'm sorry- the information about bypassing the reverse limiter is only partially correct. Simply disconnecting the BLACK/RED wire works for the aftermarket Dynatek DFS ignition.

For bypassing the reverse limiter with a stock CDI, follow this link:
http://forums.atvconnection.com/messagevie...adid/326154.cfm

yes this works!!!!! and all the revese and neutral lights wiil work!!! you will have to remove the rear plastic so you can get to everything. btw racing Z you are a DFI :dance

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks for the info meangreenx but wait till i see you and get to put the 2 of our quads together once again then we will see who runs there mouth and who just flat out smokes you. bottom line: Your slow, i'm not, ride yellow. and Quote: i am not a DFI you are and also an OSB.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts