Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the pros and cons of remotes and the pros and cons of piggyback. Is there any diference in performance between the two? Right now I like the piggyback style because I don't have to worry about mounting it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
hrm, good question. I would GUESS, only a guess, that the response would be better (slightly) from the less distance the oil travels and loss of pressure from the remote tube on the piggy. I dunno tho. Well, kinda verbose there, but i would guess piggy. :?:

·
Registered
379 Posts
The remote reserviors are further from the shock so they are able to dissipate the heat quicker. Either is good, but remote is better.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
wp even thought i do not have a z yet (i will in a week) do you think tcs are better then elkas or not can you give me a kinda review on the tcs

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cost

Does anyone happen to know if the remote rezzies cost more?

·
Registered
379 Posts
To be honest with you, I have only been on bikes with TCS and love them. I cannot say they are the best because I don't have any experience with others. Schell will have PEP on his and I will try them out. You will be amazed at the difference with new shocks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would have to dissagree with WP. Remote rezzies are the older technology. When piggybacks came around all of the reviews raved about them for exactly the reasons that ZUKI mentioned. Personally, from a performance standpoint, I cannot tell the difference. You don't have to mess with the braided line or mounting the rez. with piggybacks though.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I will double check with TCS when I am there on Friday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts