Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys?
what up?? i got a question for u guys/gals....ok...well here it is...what is tha difference of ITP'S Race Wheels and tha Beadlock Race wheels..which 1 is betta ??

thanks.
D-mon

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
race wheels just have the inner ring to reinforce the rim and the race beadlock has the inner ring to rienforce the wheel and a bead lock something that holds the tire to the rim so it doesnt slip and come off hope that helps
here is a pic that helps to the right is the race wheel to the left is the beadlock race wheel http://www.itptires.com/images/t9competition1.jpg

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I'm looking at getting some beadlock wheels for my Z, just like the ones in your picture. I can get them for $1300 shipped to my door and the razors for $450 to my door. These are Canadian dollars of course, I'm thinking of doing this next summer. The Z looks so awesome with black rims, thats only real reason why I want these rims because they look awesome.

·
Registered
278 Posts
re:

hehe Brent...

performance gains should be a concern also :D

i'd get into rolling weight crap, but i dont want to bore y'all with my stupid physics BS :p

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I know, all about that dead weight BS. Performance is not a huge issue though because I have no one to really race and guage my perforance against. I want my Z to look sweet, black rims look sweet. Maybe I can get some other rims that cost less.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
beadlocks hold ur tire on to the rim either from poping the bead or the tire spining on the rim
i have hiper for the rear and i am getting either renforced fronts of just regular but the r going to be black i like the black rim look i have it on my dirtbike too

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
also u can get ur stock rims either powercoated and clearcoated or annodized if u want a cheap way to have black rims

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
??

what 1s would be the best for Racing?? GNCC and Alot of jumping!!???¿¿¿
:wave

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
im not going to say hiper is the best cause i never had alumium beadlocks but i really like the dual beadlock

i would go with beadlocks in the back and reneforce rims for ur type of racing thats the cheapest way to go. i u want you can get beadlocks all around

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stronger

which 1 would be tha strongest and which 1 is tha Most $$?? thanks

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
hipers run rear like 190 dual beadlock, single in the front each front like 175
champion are like 120 for rear and like 140 for the front both are single bead lock

i have not a clue about others

i cant say what is they best ive only had hipers

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
i've heard bead-locks are really only for racing because they hold the tire really well(for something with a lot of HP) but that they will leak air rather quickly(compared to a normal style wheel)

·
Registered
540 Posts
i've heard bad things about itp.. i will stick with hipers or douglas.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rims.....

whats so bad about ITP Racein rims?? thanks !

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I haven't heard anything bad about ITP wheels, I have seen a lot of people using them, I've bent 3 different ITP wheels before, but they were all bad enough crashes that no matter what brand they were, they wouldn't gotten bent

·
Registered
540 Posts
well.. i saw a guy on another forum with 2 itp race wheels which are extremely overpriced when compared to omf which hold up better ne way.. his rings had seperated fromt he wheel and were barely hanging onto the wheel.. ITP wheels are much softer than douglas I will garauntee you that! for the price hipers are much much better. and for that matter so are douglas ultimates. p.s I also hit a rock on a buddy of mines 250r with brand new .190 itps and the wheel flat spotted., the wheel itself never made contact just the tire. after he bi%ched at me he then went out and bent the front wheel the same way. If you want to pay to much for a wheel go right ahead.. i'll stand here and watch :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts