Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone on here tried to or allready swaped the motor from a rmz450 into their z? and if so how is it working and hows the power output? i found a nice rmz450 local here for cheep (same amount as doing the bbk i want) and just want to know if putting the time into doing the swap is worth it. doing the swap isnt really a problem as i have a whole shop of tools and wount be doing it till end of racing season so im not down and out for any races...so lets hear it...what you guys think?........

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you get the motor for cheap, why not sell the Z and put it in a better handling chassis while you're at it. I'm sure youd still come out ahead.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont need a better chassis...i have a chrome molly chassis allready lol 23lbs lighter than stock and i love it

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm sure it would be sweet. is it a carbed version though? i could see fi being an issue. those make more power than the ltr

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i can pick up the complete bike for 1800..it is the carb version...and there isnt a thing wrong with it...he just ran his last race 2 weeks ago and is only selling to me so cheep cause he needs money for incomming baby..lol

·
Registered
429 Posts
sounds like a deal. swap the rmz motor to ur z and put the z motor in the rmz. problem solved lol

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone able to finds pics of this swap? im not have a luck

·
Registered
800 Posts
is the rmz only a 4 speed?
also the ltr has som issues with people destroying 3rd gears and finding false nuetrals, the ltr trans is a beefed up version of the rmz, there might be problems with you throwing trannys out of it. also the rmz doesnt make more power, they just have different cam timing degree's and different timing advance to make less torque and more topend. they are a lighter platform so they dont need as much torque as an ltr.
i guess what im getting at is that a ltr motor would be a better choice for a swap

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so what your saying is either ltr or quadzilla swap? i saw one and it looks just amazing. im half tempted to swap that in and go show all the guys that the old 2 strokes can still get the job done...and i think that motor in my nice light aftermarket chassis with my suspension setup would be a 450 KILLER!!!!!! anyone else?

·
Registered
433 Posts
do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i will if i can find a good deal on one or at least a complete motor that someone wouldnt mind trading for lol

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
i thought about doing the rmz swap, but i dropped it because of trans reliability issues and the ability to just build the Z engine to have the same or more HP.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i told all the guys i race with and they all think 1) it cant be done with the zilla motor,and 2) that it not only will be slower than a 450 but heavier than my Z with stock motor lol.....im so tempted to just prove them all wrong lol

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
anything can be done, just depends on how much needs to be fabricated. the zilla is better than a banshee, and look how many sick built banshees there are out there. i still think a 450 could be faster, but for coolness and something unique....why not?!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well my thoughts were that there is no way the zilla motor weighs more than the ltz motor. but it deff puts out way more power and with that motor and my lighter aftermarket chassis (23lbs lighter than stock) with the perfect low flat track suspension setup i have now...i think it would be a true 450 killer....lol...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Don't forget that good ole 2 stroke smell, can't win against someone who smells good!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thats what im saying lol...that motor with my goodies should make a nasty combo lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts