Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to ride my Z today for the first time. Its so different from my Warrior its insane. I like Warriors so you Warrior guys don't take offense. It makes the Warrior feel like a brick on wheels, the Z is so much lighter and smoother. The engine feels nice and smooth and I LOVE the tranny and clutch. I just have to get used to the extra power on tap and how light the quad is, i'm not used to giving it half throttle and having the front come up. The only weird thing is reverse, it feels like you can do 20mph in reverse and I stalled the first time cause reverse seems to be geared high. A couple more hours and i'll be able to give it full throttle!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
i got to try it, glad you liked it, does anybody know how this thing wheelies? i would like to know, the 400ex is rated best wheelying quad by dirt wheels, how does the Z compare?

·
Registered
204 Posts
The Z wheelies awesome. I used to ride Warriors, and that was too much work trying to get the front end of the Warrior off the ground. The Z on the other hand is no problem. I used to only be able to ride a wheelie about 15-20 feet max. Now, I find myself running 50-60 feet easy. The sweet spot is big and easy to find. You will have no problem riding wheelies no matter what your experience has been with doing wheelies.

Good luck and have fun. This machine is sweet!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
A guy I met with a modded 400ex told me his came up easier,but the Z
seemed to have a better balance point.All I know is you'd better be up
on the tank for hole shots or your gonna loop it.
:

Jeff

·
Registered
794 Posts
I agree that its easy to stall in reverse but the gear is real small. Whenever i go into reverse i do a burnout. I havn't been able to find the balance point but when u get the RPM's up in 3rd, let off standup slam back on the seat and full trottle and ur wheelying in third gear!! I can do it for about 30 but then i run out of room. The funny thing is that the Warior is 397 and the is 472 dry. But the Z is so well balanced it feels lighter which is good! But the Warrior is a sport machine not a high performance machine.

Later

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only had to wait 3 days to ride it BL but it felt like forever. Also I know what you mean Obud about it being hard to ride a wheelie on the Warrior, I had to give it like 3/4 throttle to get it up from a stop and after its up all it wants to do is come back down. ZeroZ ATV Action says the Z's dry weight is 425 where did you get your # just curious? Shorcut your right about looping it cause i was in the woods and i'm still getting used to how easy the throttle and clutch are and gave it like 1/4 to get over a log and it stood straight up on me. Some people get nervous when bikes/quads wheelie on them when they're not exspecting it but thats my favorite part when the machine wheelies from raw power :D The Z seemed to wheelie pretty easy with half throttle so I have to imagine i'll be able to hold one really long when I can use full.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts