Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am a newby here, so I am hoping someone can help me so I can contribute more!!

my 250 had an issue... It would only run if the choke was on... it wouldn't hold an idle... snap it in gear, the bike would die because the idle dropped...

I rebuilt the carb, checked the petcock, screens, and anything else I could get my hands on...

Carb rebuild went great, got it all together, she fires right up, you don't even need the choke..

Put it in gear, it hold the idle, rev it everything is great.

For about 5 mins. As soon as she heats up, you can't even THINK about touching the throttle... It will die right away. But the idle is still strong.

Let it sit 30+ mins, the engine will fire right up, rev great, no issues, until it warms up again.

This is driving me crazy... Any suggestions??

·
Registered
52 Posts
i had the same problem!!!! i put a hmf comp. pipe on the ltz and switched the main get to 135 main jet and runs grate!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
i had the same problem!!!! i put a hmf comp. pipe on the ltz and switched the main get to 135 main jet and runs grate!
135 main jet ?!:eek:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
135 main jet ?!:eek:
I guess 135 is the appropriate jetting size for an LTZ 250 lol.. I know I had a 172.5 and 35 pilot in my Raptor 250 (which is funny because I don't even have jets that big in my Z)

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Sounds like it's running pretty rich. How is your air filter? Any restrictions in the air boot? How is your plug?

·
Registered
433 Posts
+2 rich

·
Registered
2,340 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
If it is rich try removing the air box lid. That would even the mixture out a bit more if it is rich.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts