Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANYONE put these on the Z 400 yet my tires are getting bald and are looking for new tires and how do they work, what, size, rims(brand, style etc.), $, and where did u get them if on the internet(rockymountatv.com, etc.)

THANKS
RYAN

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
The new maxxim razr2 is an excellent non-mx racing tire. if you mx, you would want the original razr.

In regards to prices, I cant really tell you what best.... I would type in "atv tires" on a search engine and just start pricing them.... Good price I notice for rear is appx 80 bucks and the front I think is 65 bucks. that is for a 20" rear and 22" front.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
717 Posts
Oh RazRs I was some confused. :oops:

THe RazRs are an exceelnt tire the only problem is that they have a softer compound in the rubber which causes them to wear fater than
Holeshots but it also allows them to have a smoother ride than holeshots.

THe RazR 2s make an excellent XC racing tire.They are used on Mike Benson's Suzuki Z-500 XC racer. (Mike Benson races in the Pro Production class and was featured in the November issue of Dirt Wheels)

·
Registered
127 Posts
This whole wear faster issue.. How much faster.. i really want a smoother ride and I have heard twice now the R2 will give a better ride but wear faster.. If I'm riding my quad a total of 10 hours a month on combo terrain
Any ideas on how long I can expect these $150 tires to last??
w00ter that is alot of money to burn up in a couple of months..
Anyone?

·
Registered
717 Posts
I would say less then 2 times faster maybe 1/2 times faster if you know what I am saying. My friend runs htem on his Banshee and he gets the whole Spring, summer and fall on a set of RAzRs but by fall they are toast I would say Holeshot would last one spring, summer and fall and maybe a month or two of next years spring. Only about a months riding difference.

·
Registered
127 Posts
DEX - Thanks.. That helps.. I'm thinking Holeshot XCR's.. The R2s sound really nice though..

·
Registered
127 Posts
Is there a really big differece weight of these tires?

·
Registered
717 Posts
The higher the ply the heavier the tire so a 6 ply Holeshot XCR is heavier than a 4 ply RazR.
I myself am thinking about getting Holeshot XCRs

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if u got razr2's 6-ply they still wouldnt last as long as holeshots or razr

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just wish they had the Holeshot XCR in a wheel/tire combo at rockymountain or somewhere else for that matter.. I want to keep my stock rears alone.. The fronts I'm putting bandits on the stock rims but the rears I like to keep..

Do you guys know anyone who is selling this type of package??

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the rear stock tires are 20 10 9 so if i get razr 20 10 9 i can use the stock rims

rockymountainatv is good and cheap but they never have a tire/rim package for Z that u want

·
Registered
717 Posts
if u got razr2's 6-ply they still wouldnt last as long as holeshots or razr[/b]
THe ply rating affects the toughness of the tire. For example a 2 ply tire would puncture quicker than a 4 ply

·
Registered
780 Posts
keep your factory rims, they are stronger than the Douglas .190's (red labels) unless you are going with reinforcement rings, also.
I've had Razrs and XCRs, XCRs are better IMO. The side-bite really helps them to hook up where the Razrs will just keep spinning. Holeshots seem to clean out better, too.

20 x 11 x 9 tires will fit your stock rims, BTW.

·
Registered
127 Posts
rockymountain.. doesn't have a wheel tire package for the XCR's yet or the R2s at least that I can find. The sell the tires by themselves, but they are $70 each.. WOW.. thats high.. I can get the regular holeshots tire/wheel package for $159 plus shipping... Thats only $20 more and i get both rims.. So I'm not sure yet. It is almost cheaper to buy them as a set than single tires.. By the time I pay someone to mount them I'm looking at $160... plus whatever shipping is on 2 tires. I would really like to get the XCRs monted on some ITP steel.. I dont really ride hard enough to hurt either steel or the stock rims. I'm not big flyer jumper.. Just little jumps that I can find around the trails..

·
Registered
715 Posts
This whole wear faster issue.. How much faster.. i really want a smoother ride and I have heard twice now the R2 will give a better ride but wear faster.. If I'm riding my quad a total of 10 hours a month on combo terrain
Any ideas on how long I can expect these $150 tires to last??
*beep* that is alot of money to burn up in a couple of months..
Anyone?[/b]
I don't know about the two's but the razor 1 dosen't seem to wear at all.
We put them on a LT250 last year and they still look new! So how bad could the 2's be?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts