Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded my 02' 400ex for a Z400 yesterday and now i dont know if it was wise or not. What should i do to prevent the frame and front shock mounts from cracking? And im putting a White Brothers R4 pipe on with K&N and DynoJet kit (i'll be leaving the air lid on), I read about all these people hitting the limiter so what should i do to prevent that???? If im gonna have to do cams and everything im trading back for the Honda Which i dont want to so please help me out here. And when i traded they didnt give me the owners manual so can some tell me how to break it in properly?

Thanx a lot

·
Registered
517 Posts
I just traded my 02' 400ex for a Z400 yesterday and now i dont know if it was wise or not. What should i do to prevent the frame and front shock mounts from cracking? And im putting a White Brothers R4 pipe on with K&N and DynoJet kit (i'll be leaving the air lid on), I read about all these people hitting the limiter so what should i do to prevent that???? If im gonna have to do cams and everything im trading back for the Honda  Which i dont want to so please help me out here. And when i traded they didnt give me the owners manual so can some tell me how to break it in properly?  

Thanx a lot[/b]
1. Do not jump over 20' in the air
2. do not worry about the rev limiter...you will smoke all EXs anyway
3. You do not need all that garbage...R U racing at pro level? if so, have your sponsors pay for it, otherwise, GO RIDE!
4. Break in procedure...look in "Tips N Tricks" and common Maintenance.

The Z will not let you down. :wink:

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
I really wish we could get a head count of how many people have actually found cracks, not paint cracks but frame cracks and then a head count of everyone who has looked over theres and found nothing.
I would be interested to see what percentage have anything.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
i have hit some major jumps and havnt cracked anything yet...... and my friend slammed straight into a tree..... but just the a-arm hit it and all it did was take sum paint off the a-arm.... and you will definitely be glad you "made the trade"...... i smoked 400ex's with a pipe and filter all day when i was stock.... and dnt worry bout the rev limiter

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I agree. I'm 210#, and riding in the winter on the river we're flying along at 50mph. There are little "beaches" and stuff along the way that have 5 foot drop offs on the one end that you just fly over.. sometimes you land flat, other times if you go off at an angle (which I'm sure we've all done :) ) you land on one tire hard (front or rear) than slam the rest.

I have yet to bend my axle, crack paint or the frame, or even really hit the rev limiter unless I really try (all the power isn't up at that RPM level anyhow).

I also hit some pretty big rocks (ground clearnance isn't as good as was on my R, so I'm getting used to what I can and can't fly over) and the worst that's happened is putting some pretty good smacks in my PRM swingarm skidplate.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've rolled mine, jumped it, been rear ended, ridden in freezing conditions (where things get broken rather easily) and don't even have the slightest bit of frame damage.

·
Registered
765 Posts
AMEN to all that, I beat the w00ter outta mine. and I jump OVER 20 feet lol, and have not broken the frame. Dont worry dude u did the right thing. As for break for the first 3 tanks of gas ur not supposed to go over half throttlen nd vary your RPM's. After that change the oil and take off

·
Registered
94 Posts
I really wish we could get a head count of how many people have actually found cracks, not paint cracks but frame cracks and then a head count of everyone who has looked over theres and found nothing.
I would be interested to see what percentage have anything.

the left side of mine on top of the shock mount had a crack, i noticed it wile it was only halfway cracked so since i can weld i welded er up, hasnt let go yet,

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Wtf! This thread is from 2003! Read the dates!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
We need a smiliey of one smiliey draging another out of the grave:blah:

·
Registered
94 Posts
sorrrrrrrrryyyyyy , im new here and honestly i didnt think i was looking at old stuff, especialy from 03, next time ill look at the dates! didnt meen to bring up such a old thread ,

·
Registered
866 Posts
You really wanna start a fecal blizzard, post another "which oil" or "FCR" thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts