Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Suzuki ltz 400. KN filter with sock, no lid. Otherwise stock
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an issue with the engine not revving up. Anything past about a quarter throttle and it bogs down then sounds like it revs up and bogs again, just continues to do that. Doesn't matter if you slowly increase or stab the throttle, dame thing. It sounds to me like a rev limiter but my buddies think it's fuel related. Now I did disassemble, clean, and inspect the carb with no issue found. I also did the reverse limiter delete with no change. It starts up and idles fine. Searching the forum I did see a similar post about a neutral/reverse switch. The post sounded like the switch was in backwards or something. I'm not sure. I've been reviving this machine and it's done this since I got it so who know what the PO did to it. Any info or direction would be great, thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Time to take your seat off filter off spray starter fluid into the boot and put your hand over the hole just a tad and hit the gas pull your hand back away and listen if the noise goes away it’s probably your petcock believe it or not they suck atleast on the zs not familiar with a lot of other bikes but I run a filter between my carb and the petcock and it gets gunk in it all the time if that doesn’t work then i suggest taking a look at your air boot going onto the carb generally this happens if there’s an air leak in the boot as well or if it’s not screwd on right check make sure your carb is straight even tho it sounds dumb there’s lil holes in the boot for your carb if it starts easy then it’s not your valves or clearence and one last thing check your choke I tryed putting a crf450 choke in and it acted like that had to order a new cable for the zs perfect hole....😁 hope you get it fixed bud

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having an issue with the engine not revving up. Anything past about a quarter throttle and it bogs down then sounds like it revs up and bogs again, just continues to do that. Doesn't matter if you slowly increase or stab the throttle, dame thing. It sounds to me like a rev limiter but my buddies think it's fuel related. Now I did disassemble, clean, and inspect the carb with no issue found. I also did the reverse limiter delete with no change. It starts up and idles fine. Searching the forum I did see a similar post about a neutral/reverse switch. The post sounded like the switch was in backwards or something. I'm not sure. I've been reviving this machine and it's done this since I got it so who know what the PO did to it. Any info or direction would be great, thanks!
I posted to your question just taggin you to make sure you know

·
Registered
2004 Suzuki ltz 400. KN filter with sock, no lid. Otherwise stock
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip. I'll grab some carb cleaner and check for air leaks. Didn't think about the boot to head having an air leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts