Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new Z a couple days ago. So far it rips. My first question, what do you guys have your shocks set at? I usually ride trails and a little mud and wondered what would be the best setting, soft or stiff. Or is just each persons preference?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks. That's what I figured.I have them set soft now and it really hugs the trails and takes the bumps nice. Just taking it easy until I get it broken in.

·
Registered
221 Posts
you can also adjust the rebound in the back. mess around with that a little.

dave

·
Registered
794 Posts
I think Suzuki made the shocks way to soft. When i turn hard the suspension sags alot and i can't turn as well. Its really a personel preference though.

Later

·
Registered
970 Posts
I went 1 click softer on the fronts, a half turn out on compression and a turn and a half in for rebound. This is for trail riding with occasional small jumps found on the trails. It rides great and does not bottom.
I also jump the 30 foot table top without stiffening up, but that has a nice landing to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The shocks on the front are too soft. Have mine set on the stiffest preload and will still bottom out. I'm only 135 pounds so the weight is not the problem. Although in the corners you can load the suspension and work the bike pretty good. If only riding trails the softest setting would benefit you more. I come out of a trail and run through the gears and off a jump of some sort or hill and the stiffest helps a bit. Even in 4th when carrying the front wheels onto another rise they need more travel. So far I would beef up the front shocks, change the 5 speed to a 6 speed, put on a better axle and rims on the rear. The engine is strong and shifts good and handles descent. I would also like to see the wheelbase and inch longer and 2 inches wider.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was jumping a tabletop this weekend and started to feel really comfortable so I started to hit it in 3rd or 4th wasn't paying attention at the time and I cleared it twice over shooting the landing and bottomed the front and I weigh 152lbs. I wasn't suprised cause landing on flat ground is pretty harsh on anything. Time to stiffen the front suspension to its hardest setting. :wink:

·
Registered
68 Posts
how much do you weigh BARELYLEGAL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts