Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got an offer from a guy on my blaster. said he would trade his 2004 kfx400 for my blaster. straight up. he said he was riding yesterday and it shut off on him. he didn't notice any strange noises. he said it will crank over. it has spark, and its getting fuel. should i do it? what could i check or ask him to see if i am getting myself into a mess.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i haven't gone to see it. i talked to him on the phone. he said he can't get it to start but it has spark and fuel

·
Registered
202 Posts
If it'll bump start I'd say do it. It would be a pretty decent upgrade for you,worth more than th blaster to. Even if you have to Put some money in the motor, chances are your gonna have to rebuild the blaster sometime anyways.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
believe me id like to do it. but the last thing i wanna do is jump into a mess. I've been trying to get rid of my blaster and get a z so its exactly what i want. just wish it ran.

·
Registered
433 Posts
do it man, you'll regret it if ya dont

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Id do it. Its a great way to start a project ;) and you get rid of that yammi junk. And ive got some stock parts if you might need some

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong. if its simple i def wanna get it but if i get myself into a bunch of work with valves and stuff I'm gonna b mad

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Go for it valve work is easy! Hell if i knew this guy id give him cash!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
biggest thing I'm afraid of is that my budget to fix would b like $200

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Ahh i see that kinda sucks lol. Id do what every one else is sayin and see if you can pop start it

·
Registered
259 Posts
if the cam chain was never changed it could have jumped time and bent a valve. sounds like it will need head work i just redid the head on mine new valves springs seats seals everything. total was around $500. but its hard to say whats wrong with it with out looking at it

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Valves and a timing chain can be had for around 200.

·
Registered
50 Posts
you know, i realize its not the popular opinion here, but you know what you have, and what shape its in... sometimes its nice just to be able to get out and ride. you may be jumping into more of a headache than an upgrade. JMO

1 - 17 of 17 Posts