Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007LTZ 400 runs until it warms up then shuts off tried replacing coil pack stater and CDI box still the same issue does anyone have any answers

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
A common symptom of valve clearance being too tight. Once they warm up and stretch a little, the clearance is too small.

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
Check the valve clearance, normal periodic maintenance. Most people check it once or twice per year since these motors are so sensitive to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was wondering if anybody knew correct jetting to use for 07 Ltd 400 with 434 bore kit and Drd dubach slip on pipe also do you need to do anything with airbox thankyou

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
Don’t “need” to mod the airbox, but taking the lid off helps as long as you don’t ride in water. The stock carb is the real choke point in airflow. With that said, I’d use a DJ 25 pilot and 160-165 main, needle on 3rd clip, mixture screw 2 turns out to start with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Checked valve clearances they are right within spec any other ideas on Wed hat could be shutting it off thankyou

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
Roughly how long is it running from a cold start til it shuts off? Does it die immediately or sputter a bit before dying? Can you start it back up or does it have to cool off?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It runs for about 5 minutes and then shuts off like someone hit the kill switch was starting back up after about 30 seconds not right away but seems to have gotten worse takes about 15-20 min now to restart and sometimes when it does runs awful

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
That’s an odd one. Try cracking the gas cap just a little loose and running it to be sure it’s venting and not causing a vacuum in the tank. I assume it’s the same with the petcock in “prime” as well as the “on” position.
If that doesn’t help, it could be a CDI wire getting hot. Take a look at the CDI connectors for loose or burned pins. I think I remember seeing something about shorted connectors on the stator that would also act like that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New stater new coil pack I bought a new Procom CDI unit no difference from the stock to the Procom Also borrowed a big gun cdi from my buddy also no difference I have messed with the gas cap no difference May be a connector problem to the CDI have not ruled that out do you know where I can get wire connector for cdi Maybe I could try that next but as you can see I’m running out of options

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
It would be part of the harness. I’m guessing you have a short somewhere within the harness or it’s connectors. A continuity check probably won’t find it, but you might find a wire with high resistance being the problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts