Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Z for mabye 3 weeks now, and right after the first week I've owned it I noticed my skidplate was loose. After babying it for awhile I finally stood it up on a wheelie, I figured as long as it's up on the grab bar I'd check out the underside of it. Then I noticed that I'm missin 3 of the 4 bolts holding the skidplate on! :angry

Either way I need to get 'em, but will my dealer warranty it? It's kind of troubling if bolts are comming loose on a brand new quad.

Also, anyone else had a problem like this?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Nuts and bolts loosing up is a routine problem and fall under regular maintenance. No your warranty will not cover it but your dealer might as a courtesy. Use a product called “Locktite”. This will help hold the bolts in place. If you are still using a stock skid plate, I suggest you change this ASAP. PRM is the best skid plate out there right now and it is the best insurance policy from breaking your rear break rotor and sprocket you can get…. Good Luck!… MMM 8)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Just toss the stocker and put on a metal one, get prm I hear there wicked good, I had um and it was terrible, might as well have kept stock on it.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
i have had prm in the past. excellent skidplates they take a beating. i currently have pro armor on my z and they seem to hold up extremely well. but the way i ride skidplates only last 1 year. i would reccommend pro armor because they have lasted me longer than any others.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
definantly get a prm comes with ur new screws too. I hit a rock and bent up my stock one and also bent my brake rotor so if u can just buy a new one i got it off gopartsdirect.com

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I got the bolts if you want em. I have all of em from when I put a new skid plate on. I got a Ricochet bulletline. That thing is awesome, it's 1/4" thick, it's basicly indestructable. I love it, except for the fact that it doesn't cover the rear shcok linkage. But that's ok. If you want the bolts, PM me and I'll send em to you.

·
Registered
164 Posts
ProTect Stainless Skid Plate

If you are getting a new one every year, get a Protect Stainless Steel skid instead, weld on a few gussets, lockite the bolts, and never look at it again. I've pounded mine over thousands of rocks at good speeds and the only thing that gets hurt is the paint (I like to see how much I've banged it after a ride).

It costs twice as much, but will last 5 times as long or longer if you gusset it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got quite a few of those bolts lying around, drop me an email and I'll ship some to you.

By the way, Badger Racing by far makes the best skids, stainless steel, we build William Yokley's skids for him as well as Chad Duvall and Bryon Cook.

I'd be happy to help you out, I can throw them in the mail. Give me your address and I'll throw some in an envelope for you.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the bolts if you want em. I have all of em from when I put a new skid plate on. I got a Ricochet bulletline. That thing is awesome, it's 1/4" thick, it's basicly indestructable. I love it, except for the fact that it doesn't cover the rear shcok linkage. But that's ok. If you want the bolts, PM me and I'll send em to you.

Any idea as to what the actual size is. Just picked an ltz up with dg skid plates but bolts were missing. Just curious if you kmew what the bolt size was

1 - 12 of 12 Posts