Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here but I have been lurking for awhile now. Thanks to all the great info here I have pretty successfully installed a fcr 39 on my 2007 ltz 400. Everything seems to be working correctly (jetted properly, idles correctly, starts easy etc). The one issue I am having is that the throttle cable slightly sticks from time to time. I've done a lot of searching and have not been able to find a picture of how the throttle cable is installed on the carb, I'm not sure I did this correctly. Can someone post a picture or offer any advice? I checked to make sure everything has enough clearance. I went with a new Motion Pro cable for a 400ex and a new 400ex thumber. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, here is the link to the carb I bought.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just finished up a FCR on my 03 ltz. I'm having the same issue as you. I'm using a 400ex thumber and a YFZ cable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to work on it this week. If I figure anything out I will let you know.
Update ; I was able to mess with the cable this weekend. I ended up taking the tank back off, moving the throttle cable to the top part of the bracket, which made it sit higher and closer to the tank. This is why I didn't put it on that part of the bracket in the first place. However, it took the angle out of the cable where it attached to the "throttle wheel." Then, I had to empty the gas tank and use a heat gun to slightly deform the bottom of the tank where the cable was contacting it. This made a dramatic difference in the amount of pressure it took on the thumber when depressing the throttle. It also took care of the cable not returning all of the way back like it should when you let off. It still seems like it has a slightly high idle from time to time but it is 98% improved over how it was. I'm hoping that the slide inside the carb will "break in" with use as I believe that I have solved the cable issue.

·
Super Moderator
3,567 Posts
The slide works on rollers, so they won't break in much..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts