Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, while im waiting for my new carb slide to show up, i thought since it was such a pretty afternoon that i would go ahead and see if the bike would run without the needle being clipped down, i have a WB r4 slip on pipe, with a Noss k&n kit, and no airbox lid, i am below 3000 ft, i am running the dynojet reccomended 146 main, with the screw at 3.5 turns, and the needle on the 4th clip, (3rd is the spec, but the spacer and washer vansihed from my workbench over the weekend, so i compensated by going one more clip down, going to order the spacers and washer tomorrow), seems to be ok on top end, but if running at about 1/4 throttle and i crack it open, it bogs for a sec and then revs, what do i need to change? im new to tuning a 4 stroke, thanks for the help fellas

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
try moving the needle back over. if its in the lower part of the rpm, then its most likely to be the wrong needle position.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
think i should go ahead and go to the 3rd clip even without the spacer in there? it will be friday before i get another chance to mess with it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts