Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have noticed that I get a really bad smell and smoke from my exhaust after riding for a while, when i shut my kfx down a small trail of smoke comes out and it smells like a stinky car with a plugged cat converter on the interstate, you know the one you hate to follow. I checked my coolant and the level has been staying the same. The fan isn't running more than normal. also when it is at idle for a while or you are just putting around the yard and you go to get into the throttle it cuts out some till you rev it up. This is also the first time I have put fuel in it since I bought it a few weeks ago. it has a new top end(piston,jug,etc) Any Ideas??

·
Registered
433 Posts
valves are letting oil into the cylinder

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
When you say "stinky car" are you talking about the ones that smell like a fart? Or is it more or a chemical burning smell? If its smoking out of the exhaust, chances are its oil or anti-freeze. If it smells like a fart, your on your own with that one because I would have no idea.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to mention, that it cuts out a little when it has been at idle and you have to rev it up to "clean it out" then it runs fine. And the smell is like a car with a plugged cat converter, egg smell?

·
Registered
232 Posts
There is only 3 things that can cause your ATV to smoke: oil, gas, or coolant. Burning oil will be "blue" in color, too much fuel will be black, and coolant leaks will be white. The egg smell (also known as sulfer) is totally baffling and cannot be possible with the mechanical workings on this type of engine. I would suggest taking it to someone who knows a bit more about engines and have them give you their opinion.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its kind of gray, and it doesn't do it all the time, I wonder if I got some bad gas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts