Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im sure this has been covered here a million times but figured I’d share anyway. So I was having a bit of a rough idle so I decided to clean my carb (which had degraded pieces of gaskets in the bowl). While I was taking the carb out to inspect it further I took the snorkel out and thought [email protected] this thing because it wouldn’t seat right.

HUGE mistake. After I put my carb back in I was having serious bogging issues. I thought I messed something up in the carb or the needle in the rebuild kit was wrong. Two days of that crap when it occurred to me the only thing I hadn’t tried was putting the snorkel on.

Instantly back to normal. Point of my whole story is that I’m really surprised how much better it can pull air with only the snorkel removed. I didn’t expect that.

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
These quads are jetted incredibly lean from the factory. Anything that improves airflow requires a larger pilot jet and main jet, even the snorkel or airbox lid. They will run better if either of those parts are removed and jetted properly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m definitely gonna experiment with the intake side of things once I finish my current project.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts