Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep finally got rid of the raptor. Im glad I did. If anyone is on the fence about gettin a new Z or raptor, let me tell ya. go with the Z. Sure its a bit slower than a raptor but whats the use of havin all that power if ya cant steer at high speeds? I tried alot of things go correct the problem with the raptor but nothin worked. Heres a list of the things i tried..

Elka triple (comp.& rebound)rate rezzie fronts
Custom Axis (comp. &rebound) rear
Shock covers for all 3
+2 LSR a-arms
+2 LSR Swing arm
+2 LSR Axle
Brand new holeshot fronts on do
uglas .190 rims
Razr rears on .190 dounglas rims
LSR Steering stem
Ac Racing Pro Nerf bars
Protaper highbend bars
HMF full Pipe
Dynojet jets
Uni filter
Pep perch and clutch lever
Pep steering stabilizer rebuildable
trail tech speed and odometer
PRM a-arm skids
PRM body Skid
PRM swingarm skid
PRM baja front bumper
PRM Cargo Rack
Pro design Kill Switch
Billet Aluminum GPS Handlebar clamp
emergency brake block off
New O ring chain
12 front sprocket
41 rear sprocket

and to no avail. I would rather have a stock z than all the performance parts on a raptor. Just wish the Z was around about a year and a half ago. Oh well thats the name of the game I guess. Im sure the Z wont be the last atv I ever own but until sometin better comes out, Im stickin with Suzuki.

·
Registered
575 Posts
You would of lost your tranny anyway, Good move!! I lost my tranny and said hell w/ this it's gonna happen again. Wouldn't give me 02 gears. Sold it and bought the Dale and got the Z for the wife...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yamaraptor, Same story here. I sold my raptor a month ago. Just got fed up with it. My parts list was pretty much the same as yours. That was an expensive lesson. When I sold it I was thinking about a 400EX but then a friend told me about someone at his shop who was selling a used Z400. The price was right so I figured I'd take a chance on it. Now I'm sure I made the right choice!! Right away I was thinking the same thing as you; that the stock z handled better than my Raptor w/ +2 a-arms, TCS SCS shocks and a wider axle!!!! And 18" tires to boot!! I know this may not sound right to some people but I stand behind it. I'm sold on the Z.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree

I totally agree. I have to admit it doesnt have the top speed of the raptor and if anyone tells ya it does they are crazy. But the Z is so much more forgiving and a blast to ride at top speed. Its almost scary. I notice Im running a hell of a lot faster on the Z. Its much more forgiving on the jumps and feels so much lighter than the raptor. I cant wait till next weekend to get my pipe and air box mod. heres a link to some pics of the old raptor for all you doubters out there. I know there are some people around that say yea I had this, I had that, but no proof. Im glad theres a board around for all the Z owners to share info.. I should be gettin a service manual soon.... so I can help in that area too...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291666251

1 - 4 of 4 Posts