Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share my experience with the $10-a-set rear brake pads I got on ebay. After 2 weekends riding, the cheapo pad on the right is shot, for comparison on the left is a stock front pad ran for several seasons before switching to YFZ front brakes, and the real kicker, I don't use my back brakes much at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
well that sucks.. I bought a set of $9 brake pads on Rocky Mountain ATV.. they were majorly reduced in price because they were discontinuing them. Hopefully they work out well.. Do you remember what brand pad those were?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well that sucks.. I bought a set of $9 brake pads on Rocky Mountain ATV.. they were majorly reduced in price because they were discontinuing them. Hopefully they work out well.. Do you remember what brand pad those were?
There were no brand stamps anywhere on them, shipped loose in a padded envelope.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
haha wow.. mine are Neutron brake pads.. stintered metal. They seem as if they are the same thickness as the EBC rear pads I bought

That really sucks man.. guess you can't get anything good for low prices anymore..

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I might give Rocky Mountain a try, I've got 3 strikes with Hellbound now.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have a set of ebc sintered to slap on but the stock set just wont give up!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
i always have great luck with EBC, i dont even shop price anymore i just buy ebc.

unfortunately, a good deal is not always a good deal. at work we just threw out about 15 new chains, because we were snapping them like crazy. boss man went out and dropped about $1000 on some mil spec chain. i have not broken a chain in over a week now :)

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Dang! You got two rides out if them?! Your doing good! I bought a set of that garbage one time and there were down to the backing plate before I could get back to my truck. Lesson: don't buy cheap pads. Buy ebc sintered or the carbon and they will last. Or stockers

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just bought a front and rear set from ebay for 26 shipped.They are called factory spec.I hope i wont have any issues this weekend with them.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Glad I read this, thanks for sharing. I've been shopping around for brake pads on ebay, etc. and just determined not to shop around anymore. I'll just go with the ebc's.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I bought $10 rear pads from rockymountain as well. been in there all year long. And I mostly use the rear brake. they are still in great shape.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts