Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So , im getting ready for the summer for our quads rebuild, im intend to split the cases and do some other mods .

the quads that i already split the cases in , thier cases were trash so i didnt use case splitter tool (i hammer them out),nor the cranckshaft installer tool , (I freeze the cranck and heat the bearing ) , is it worth to invest the 150-200$ , in those tools ?(tusk case seperator and tusk crack installer)
, does it make the job realy accurate and ez? or it unnecessary?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I ordered the same stuff off Amazon. You could do the heat and freeze method if you only plan on splitting the case once or twice. But if your planning on doing it more than that then the tools would be great to have in your toolbox. And lot less risk of damaging parts if you miss with the hammer.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this summer im gonna do it to 1 up to 3 quads , not planningto do it regularly(i hope). but u know ,there is the right way and thee wrong way of doin stuff...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thats true. It would probably make your job alot easier to.

Reactions: AllOutRiding

·
Administrator
7,887 Posts
There's a thread around here somewhere, might even be a sticky, where a guy makes his own splitter. That Tusk tool is pretty reasonably priced compared to the one I have. I have the motion pro tool. I bet it's split over a hundred cases, and I use it to push cranks out too. The nice thing is, if you do invest in a tool, and someday decide you don't need it anymore, it's still going to be worth something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts