Suzuki Central Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im glad i found this thread! im working the whole afternoon on the gear shift cam.. i got busted on the spring loaded small metal.. thanks guys.. it was a big help from you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
nice job woddy this is very useful for alot of people!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys,i just install a new tranny shift forks an drum are in but for some reason i cant get the cases to mate. i dont see what its stuck on it acting like its teeter toddering on somthing? any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
4,751 Posts
This write-up would have been awesome last week when I was doing this for the first time! Still very useful info, though.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
This write-up would have been awesome last week when I was doing this for the first time! Still very useful info, though.
Yeah I am facing this task myself for jax2011 and totaly forgot abouit this sticky, now I just need to get a paper manual

·
Super Moderator
4,751 Posts
I didn't go this route with the 2x4, though. Had some 1/2" boxed steel laying around, used 2 crankcase bolts and a socket against the end of the crank to push them apart.

·
Registered
624 Posts
sorry to bother you guys again, but my axle nut comes from a K9, which is bigger than older models.
I ask then what size is the nut on older models, or if you can tell me the size of the flywheel main thread?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,751 Posts
38mmx1.5, I can sell you a puller for $45 shipped if you want, only used once.

·
Registered
368 Posts
so when using the puller to split the cases do you have the puller push against the main clutch shaft or the crank shaft? In the pictures it looks like the puller is pressing on the clutch shaft. Is this correct?

·
Registered
53 Posts
The 38mm Puller is for removing the flywheel, not splitting the cases.

To split the cases, I built a simple puller, see the thread under Maintenance for Simple Crankcase Splitter....

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm in the process of changing a broken left case half and was wondering if I'd be able to pull the left case half off and keep everything in the right case half guess what I'm asking is will everything stay in the right case half if I just pull the Clutch and flywheel and tip on right side and just pull left half off and replace left case?
sorry first time on a Z
split cases on my 02 warrior 350 and was able to keep everything in the right case half and just pull the left half while the trans and crank stayed in right half

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very helpful! I'm waiting for my fly wheel puller to come. I've got it stripped that far. I think I shredded reverse gear when I got stuck in the snow. Slowed down cause of deer running in front of me and when they got out the way I got back on the gas the assend sunk! I was stuck in 3 feet of snow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quick question does anyone know if the 2007 primary Drive gear work on a 2004 I cracked some teeth and purchased the gear while back went to put it in and its looks different fits but one side is flat vs the other gear where both sides have poke outs

·
Super Moderator
3,502 Posts
Always got to the parts fiche first. You are good to go.
1421111-29F10
(replaces part #
21111-29F00)
GEAR, PRIMARY DRIVE | MODEL K3/K4$57.94$53.88Usually ships in 7-10 business days
1421111-29F10GEAR, PRIMARY DRIVE | MODEL K5/K6/K7$57.94$53.88Usually ships in 7-10 business days

21 - 40 of 40 Posts