Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been workin on my Z for some time now. All the bearings were rusted and shot everwhere. I tore everything down and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned! The blue frame was lookin a little rough around the edges, so it got a fresh gloss black powder coat. Like I said, I've been workin on this project for a long ass time. I'm sick of seeing my Z scattered throughout my garage, so I pulled an all-nighter till 8am. This is where I'm at so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I vote PINK BUTTERFLIES!!!!! Gotta make your woman happy so she can make you happy if you catch my drift.

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,047 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It'll still look badass with pink! I'm waiting on wife and kids to hit the damn hay, so I can go out to my garage and slap some more together....and drink beer!

·
Registered
433 Posts
:p you evil genius

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Status update. I had to put my Z on hold for tuna fishin!
101_4564.jpg
I got her all wired up and with dielectric grease. New chains and sprockets, new gripper seat cover. I cleaned all the crap off the header, then put on header wrap. Also polished the header guard.
101_4554.jpg

101_4553.jpg

I'm still working on the Plastics. Years back I sanded the plastic down to get all the scratches off, but I was impatient and only put a coat of wax on it. As a result of my impatience, the plastic soaked up the mud leaving my plastics stained yellow. Using a scotch brite pad and dish soap, I scrubbed the crap out of my plastics. Then I used several coats of plastic clear-coat spray paint to seal it. Between coats I lightly rubbed down the plastic with fine steal wool, then blew it off with the compressor. Here's a before and after.
101_4555.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts