Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 08 Kingquad 450, sometimes when im and a dead standstill and i accelerate, there is sometimes a small delay and a loud squeak or something rubbing. its got about 880 miles on it.
what is this noise?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
maybe the drive shaft or differential? does it have the cvt tranny? belt could be squealing. my buddies eiger does it too. from a dead stop the belt is disengaged. once the rpms get up to speed the pully will grab the belt and it will squeal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm guessing that this happens more if you come to a quick stop, and try to take off again. This is normal "belt bark" and happens because the secondary spring is not stiff enough to allow quick backshifting when coming to a fast stop. I had this happen all the time, until I added a yellow EPI spring. I rarely hear that noise anymore.
Your particular CVT has the belt always engaged because it has the internal wet clutch doing the engaging. That gives you engine braking also.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ohh so its not bad? that sounds right thumper. it dosent happen all the time but if i lock up the rear tires and skid to a stop, it always makes the noise when i accelerate

·
Registered
13 Posts
QUOTE (KMGLTZ @ Oct 21 2009, 06:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=762697
ohh so its not bad? that sounds right thumper. it dosent happen all the time but if i lock up the rear tires and skid to a stop, it always makes the noise when i accelerate[/b]
That's definately what's going on. It will especially bark when you skid to a stop, and then try to go again. It's just the stock secondary spring not backshifting quick enough. It helps if you want to skid to a stop, if you slide ALMOST to a stop, then roll a foot or so, then stop completely. This gives the spring a chance to backshift while moving a little, and then you shouldn't get the bark. Not a bad noise at all, pretty normal for a stock clutch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
To address the squawk or bark, the secondary spring is what needs to be changed. While you're in there, I would put in some ligher rollers for better acceleration. But that's just me.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, ill do anything for better acceleration, where can i order these parts and how much are they going to cost?

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,896 Posts
Often times, cvt's will do that just because the clutches are dirty. Most any of them will do it when you skid to a stop, but if it does it any other time, it's usually just needs the clutches cleaned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.