Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use the SRP thumb throttle? I've got a moose easy pull on right now and the position of the thumb lever is pretty akward, and there's no adjustment to it.

Here's a link to it SRP Thumb Throttle

·
Registered
342 Posts
WHOA! 125 bucks discount price for a thumb throttle!! WOW! It better be good.lol. I can see myself using the stock one for a while.(Prob 4 ever lol) You don't like the way the stock one is set up bud? or just looking for something a bit different all around? Oh, nope never used one.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WHOA! 125 bucks discount price for a thumb throttle!! WOW! It better be good.lol. I can see myself using the stock one for a while.(Prob 4 ever lol) You don't like the way the stock one is set up bud? or just looking for something a bit different all around? Oh, nope never used one.
I've got a fcr with a yfz cable, didn't mod the stock one, just replaced it with a moose easy pull. The stock one was fine, very good actually. I just don't like the position that my moose throttle sits in, but like the fact that the pull on the fcr is smooth and easy with it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ah, I see they have a few colored one's, I'm diggin the blue one and I like the fact they can be used on different size carbs.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's how the moose sits

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yup, that looks uncomfortable for sure. Thats how my buddies is on his 225 moto4 and he complains about it but never changes it.;)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Would you be able to use the bottom plate off a stock one for a bit more angle, maybe?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
If it wasn't for those damn powermadds you would be fine ;)

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would you be able to use the bottom plate off a stock one for a bit more angle, maybe?
Nope, won't line up. I'm going to ride with it for a bit and see if I get used to it. If not, i'll get that other one.

If it wasn't for those damn powermadds you would be fine ;)
Hehe, I just put them on and love them. No more busted knuckles!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I hate how my thumber is so deep at wide open throttle. It should be just natural to hold it at WOT, I dont want to have to strain my hand position. I wonder if this is the only way to fix it, right now I am just trying to rotate it different directions, I am using the 400ex thumber.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The moose is pretty natural at wot, not bad at all. I just don't like the reach at lower throttle positions.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Its me again! Lol. I have almost the same one, mine is the duel gasser from moose and it's the same way, it sits way too far back. I also have a yzf cable with it. I was able to turn it all the way in at the throttle and at the carb to get it a little better. It's still not where I'd like it and it has that free play now. I was thinking of drilling the roll pin out and making a second hole in a better position. It's a bad design IMO.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was looking at the roll pin last night, was hoping it was a setscrew but no such luck. I'm really deliberating the srp thumber to fix this, just regretting spending the $ on the moose.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts