Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my z and the guy said that the motor was excellent and it had kw valves and springs. Also stage 2 hot cams. Turned out the valves, piston and rings, timing chain were all junk and had to be replaced. (what an WooterWooterWooterWooterWooterWooterWooter) The mechanic that took the head oof and found this out said that there were no kw valves in it. And he wasnt to sure about the hot cams. Said they are prolably stock. i just want to know for sure. He had a head there with hot cams in it and we compared them and mine looked stock. BUT IDK. Can anyone help me ???

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Are the cam gears adjustable? (are their bolts holding the drive gears onto the cams?) Do the gears have white or blue marks on them?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
post a picture.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
You can degree hot cams, they have bolts to adjust them. Are the springs dual rate?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IDK the motor isnt at my house right now. And z455 I am pretty sure the gears are bolted on ( im not sure) I will take pics and find out for sure if there bolted on or not first thing tomorow morning.
P.s. what if the gears are bolted on ?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Re-read my last post.
"You can degree hot cams, they have bolts to adjust them. Are the springs dual rate?"

So in other words, stock cams do not have these bolts, hot cams will. Other aftermarket cams have these as well, not sure which ones.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have to look tomorow first thing. The motor is not at my house. I am almost positive that the cam gears are bolted on.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
if there is a decompress on them and they are adjustable they are probably new style hot cams and would be stage 1 since they no longer make a stage 2 for the z. They should be stamped with a number on the shaft, most likely 47 & 48.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
sounds like you were lied to. that sucks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a friend that traded his running polaris predator for a 2000 honda 400ex that SUPPOSEDLY had a blown head gasket. and it was SUPPOSED to be bored to a 440, and SUPPOSED to have hotcams in it as well. Well he got it to the mechanic and it was just a stock 400ex and when the pulled the head off the piston had melted to the cylinder. It was NASTY!!! So he got the meat put to him to! haha You just have to watch out for deals like that.

·
Registered
463 Posts
It's sellers like that that make people scared of buying something that has modifications. All stock vechicles that have been beat to hell sell for about the same price as one that has $1000s in aftermarket and maintenance.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
What did you pay for it? How many other mods are not on it that were promised? I'd go back to the seller and get him to pay for the stuff that's not in there.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I payed $1500. He said it had kw valves and springs. And they werent there. Also the hot cams. Also a big gun rev limiter, Im not sure if ita actually the big gun box or not. But i will take a pic. My mechanic said it was just an electrical box but I think its big gun. And a couple other things outside the motor.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts