Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just looking for somewhere to turn first... acts like a dead batt but i just put a new one in... running 12.5 comp w/434 kit and old style hot cams.. heard the starters dont hold up to this but its only been 3 months with this setup... it just clicks at sylinoid most of the time.. every once in a while it will engage the starter but not enough to do any thing... does starter need rebuilt? or any suggestions would be great thx..

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Get a bigger battery. The everstart part number(I believe) is ES12BS. But be careful your battery box will take a beating. You might have to beef it up.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i put a new battery in it when i built it and it was an everstart... i think it was just as big as stock. anyway it worked great for 3 months or so and now this...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got the battery tested today. it tested good. taken starter off tomorrow and taking to shop to get checked out and possibly rebuilt...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Try tapping on the starter with a hammer or wrench and hitting the starter button. My Raptor would click and I would tap it then it'd start. A good place to get starters is dbelectrical.com

·
Registered
447 Posts
Have the same motor setup as you but still have the original starter in it and its an '04. Never have had a problem with it.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Have you tried to start it with a starter pack hooked up to it? Sometimes those small batteries test out good but are really trash..

·
Super Moderator
4,878 Posts
Have it tested in the quad to get the numbers while it's under the load that your Z requires to start. Might be different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts