Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some help guys. replaced my timing chain, clutch, oil filter, and a new oil tank. after putting it all together i cant get it to start at all. have oil in tank and at filter but none in case. its been sittiing for a couple days and still nothing. checked filter, its in right. checked timing twice, its correct according to all ive read here. turns over fine. spark plug fires and is wet when i check it as well. im lost and need some ideas.

thanks guys

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Good thing it doesn't start if you've got no oil in the case. You need to fix that before anything else. Get oil to your engine, oil helps the rings seal... you may have very low compression and some scored cylinder walls after cranking it dry.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
biggie im wondering if thats the problem. compression. when this first all started, i replaced the filter. added oil. all was good. the next day i tried to crank it over. it started ruff, but started. idled for a minuite and stalled. thats when i started checking things out. had oil at the filter, but found none in the case. i couldnt figure out why after a 24 hour period the oil had not made its way to the case.

now i have oil in the case and it still wont start, even with a shot or two of starting fluid! if i push it and clutch start it, it starts right away. as long as im giving it some gas it runs. seems to be under powered, compared to before, but runs. wont idle.

the only mods i made motor wise was a slip on, fmf stage2 carb kit, kn filter mod w/ kn power lid, and big gun rev limitor. replaced clutch kit. no internal motor work done at all. prolly will have to now. LOL

if i have to rebuild the top end, does anybody recommend a certain brand or kit that will compliment what i have already purchased or changed, without having to add any more mods? I figure if im doing a new piston and ring or top end rebuild, ill be doing new kb valves as well. any suggestens or ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts