Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I got a denton (non rebuildable) and where they wanted it was a joke! I ground just a tad of extra weld off of the stearing stem and got it placed low on the stem with just barely enough clearance on the oil resivor side of things and swaping the "T" of the brake lines to the front of the bracket of the frame instead of the rear. Cutting up the radiator guard is rediculous. Its funny how not many peeps respond to stuff that is actually imporstant to racing, just a bunch of how do I change a sprocket over and over again. HEY , PICS KIND OF DISTORT THINGS SOMETIMES AND MAKE IT HARD TO TELL BUT ARE YOUR ELKAS "zps"?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Cain, thats how I put mine on. This is one of the best mods!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, they are zps, elka calls it ssd for self sagging device. I also drilled a small hole in the stem clamp and through the stem, tapped it, and put a bolt in it. Reason being is that I clipped a tree during a race, the jolt didn't really slow me down any but it spun the stem clamp just enough to make it bind in one direction. 6 months and many clipped trees later no problem. That actually happened on my 400ex but I went ahead and did this one when I put it on.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Speed?

Is that a "Speed" damper. I just bought one and installed it.
Had a little trouble in that I also installed a LSR steering stem. The Lone Star Racing stem is thicker so I had to mount it up a little higher to get to where the taper started on the stem.

How do you like your ELKA's? Would you reccomend them?
Finally, did you get ELKA for the back as well?

Thanks
Darren

·
Registered
57 Posts
DAmper

The instructiond I got with the new damper showed this as the proper place to mount it. Did your instructions say the same?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine is actually a pro control. It is the same as the Denton and the muscle rebuildable. I didn't have any instructions, I pulled this one off my 400ex and bought just the stem clamp for the z400, everything else was the same. the rear is also an elka. I like the shocks but if you get the rear be sure to get the link setup also. It was terrible without the link.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Could you show us the rear shock and link. Thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just raced it yesterday and it is still muddy, I will wash it by tomorrow and take a pic for ya.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Thanks. How did the race go?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts