Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the forum although I've been skulking around here for a while -the information available here is really first class. It was a great help to me in my decision to by a new KFX...

First trip yesterday- combination of dunes and rocky/gravelly trails at 5 psi. The bike handles great but I noticed, while taking it through some sand woops in a straight line, it seemed like each bump could have taken the bars right out of my hands, and turned the bike. Perhaps "twitchy" is how I would describe this feeling.

As an MX guy, my solution to this would be to move the bar mounts 20mm or so forward, lower the forks, etc. but this does not seem to be an option with the quad. I wonder if there is some adjustment in the steering linkage or elsewhere that would make the quad track in a straight line.

I also noticed on some lumpy/packed sand that a side to side chatter would start up in the front end. Any ideas? I have searched the forum but no topics that really apply. I wonder if my quad was set up wrong from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
You need a steering stem dampner. It makes a big difference! A Denton runs about $130.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts